Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EtiamSurgo

Skate Fitment Help Needed

Hi all,

SLAYEROFSOULS APX toecup seems like good for your toes

Here is my update

I've tried CCM RBZ in size 5.5D

Impression: first of all - no volum at all. SillyMe once said that Jr. is LOT less volume - thats absolutely right. And right RBZ according to lenght was perfect if we assume that after baking it gets bigger. Left skate was awefully small. Definately must be stretched.

Nexus 1000 size 6D

Impression: Volume is fine, barely touching arch during pencil test (3-4eyelet). But leght is not so good as RBZ 5.5. Noticed that toecup is rounded (APX much more anatomical)

Conclusion:

I need 6EE(bauer) on left foot and 5 or 5.5D on right. with nexus volume.

Didnt try GRAF yet. thinking about custom made skates. Possibly go to Swiss factory and do it there. Best option imho.

Hi all,

SLAYEROFSOULS APX toecup seems like good for your toes

Here is my update

I've tried CCM RBZ in size 5.5D

Impression: first of all - no volum at all. SillyMe once said that Jr. is LOT less volume - thats absolutely right. And right RBZ according to lenght was perfect if we assume that after baking it gets bigger. Left skate was awefully small. Definately must be stretched.

Nexus 1000 size 6D

Impression: Volume is fine, barely touching arch during pencil test (3-4eyelet). But leght is not so good as RBZ 5.5. Noticed that toecup is rounded (APX much more anatomical)

Conclusion:

I need 6EE(bauer) on left foot and 5 or 5.5D on right. with nexus volume.

Didnt try GRAF yet. thinking about custom made skates. Possibly go to Swiss factory and do it there. Best option imho.

Yeah - toecap might be fine but I don't think the depth or overall width would work. I guess I can try some on when I go back to the shop when they call me in for the Nexus, but they won't have EE for sure so it will probably be a waste of time/effort lol.

How exactly is the length no good on the Nexus? And from my personal experience the RBZ will run 'longer' then the Nexus so you would probably want to try smaller Nexus, the length will drastically change how your foot fits into the boot. I am still very blown away that I possibly need a 4.0 or 4.5 in the Nexus to fit my foot length wise (plus not needing the EE width).

I am having some issues with the fit of my Easton S12's. The issue started after breaking my foot and ankle.

The day after skating I am near hobbled and my foot is sore for a few days to the point of limping. The morning after is brutal, as I can barely walk. I still have everyday issues due to break (lisfranc fracture) but this is above and beyond that. I am not in pain while skating, only after.

Curious about the depth, I checked and failed the pencil test pretty badly at eyelets 6 & 7. I have a suspicion this may be the root of my issue. Left foot also failed the test but not as bad and there is no pain in that foot after skating.

So is there anything I can do, or am I skate shopping?

I thought i could maybe ask for some advice too..

I am: 6ft, weigh in at 165 pounds

Left foot: Length 10.8", width 4.2"

Right foot: Length 10.8", width 4.0"

US shoe size is 10.5, have a medium arch, average size heel

As i have no LHS i would need to buy online so was wondering what kind of skate would fit best and what size and width

Thanks

I thought i could maybe ask for some advice too..

I am: 6ft, weigh in at 165 pounds

Left foot: Length 10.8", width 4.2"

Right foot: Length 10.8", width 4.0"

US shoe size is 10.5, have a medium arch, average size heel

As i have no LHS i would need to buy online so was wondering what kind of skate would fit best and what size and width

Thanks

Its pretty much impossible to give you an idea what would fit best...there's a lot of variables that affect fit (personal preference being one of the main things). A sketch of your foot (preferably with socks on that you intend to wear in the skates) may help guide you to a specific line from specific brands.

Nicholas - you may want to try Supremes. Your feet look pretty similar to mine in shape, and are pretty much the same width as me, just longer. I randomly tried a size 4 D width one.5 or one.6 (forget, but basically a cheapo supreme) and it actually seemed to fit my foot pretty good, and I just bought (unfortunately) 4.5 D width Nexus and they are turning out to be a little too roomy/the ankle just doesn't work for me. I wish I could give you a definite size range to try out, but I am in a sizing mystery myself as i've always had 5.5 or 6 skates, and tried on numerous size 4 skates and my feet actually fit into them fairly well.

I'm pretty much at a loss, and unfortunately my local shop is frustrating me to no end (poor employees and they are in between lines with Bauers new skates coming out so selection is slightly limited). If you have the funds, icewarehouse has a good free return shipping policy (as long as you purchase an item from them that qualifies you to be part of their i win membership) and as long as you don't load the skates up with animal hair/bake them/sharpen them etc and request a return within 7 days so you can order a few sizes from them and try them out and return them if none of them work out.

Thanks for the info man :)

Through some more research i think supremes will be a good choice, seeing as the new supreme line is coming out soon i might do as you suggested and buy a few sizes and see what fits best.

I also have a big hockey superstore about 3hrs drive away so might be cheaper to drive there and try on a bunch of sizes and skates to ensure its going to be a good fit.

Know the feeling, my LHS stocks about 2 models and the staff are of similar performance as in your case.

Was also wondering if there any significant and noticeable differences in performance between the supreme or vapours, i read the marketing stuff but usually its just bells and whistles.

Through some more research i think supremes will be a good choice, seeing as the new supreme line is coming out soon i might do as you suggested and buy a few sizes and see what fits best.

I also have a big hockey superstore about 3hrs drive away so might be cheaper to drive there and try on a bunch of sizes and skates to ensure its going to be a good fit.

Know the feeling, my LHS stocks about 2 models and the staff are of similar performance as in your case.

Was also wondering if there any significant and noticeable differences in performance between the supreme or vapours, i read the marketing stuff but usually its just bells and whistles.

A skate will always just be a skate really..they'll get lighter sure which helps some with fatigue I guess and perhaps a slightly taller runner may actually help with turn radius, but its all very minimal especially if you aren't a NHL pro lol. The main thing would be the fit of the skate (vapor vs supreme) your heel width/size and arch will determine which fits you best in the end other then that its a different looking boot but all the marketing about being for specific player types I think is silly.

I am having some issues with the fit of my Easton S12's. The issue started after breaking my foot and ankle.

The day after skating I am near hobbled and my foot is sore for a few days to the point of limping. The morning after is brutal, as I can barely walk. I still have everyday issues due to break (lisfranc fracture) but this is above and beyond that. I am not in pain while skating, only after.

Curious about the depth, I checked and failed the pencil test pretty badly at eyelets 6 & 7. I have a suspicion this may be the root of my issue. Left foot also failed the test but not as bad and there is no pain in that foot after skating.

So is there anything I can do, or am I skate shopping?

Hi,

My opinion about your case:

Lacebite or kind of thing. Thats why APX has a special tounge. And it's really works. You can try something like that.

IMHO

APX is much more harder than totalone nxg. I have both of those (size 6EE).

APX is just perfect, I can really stop and run a full speed. APX are kind of more explosive. IMHO. As far as I see, toecup might be very important sometime. So, just look at the toecup.

My problem is that APX are not my depth and I have wrong size ( right foot smaller than left). Custom APX - my dream. I'm trying Graf now

A skate will always just be a skate really..they'll get lighter sure which helps some with fatigue I guess and perhaps a slightly taller runner may actually help with turn radius, but its all very minimal especially if you aren't a NHL pro lol. The main thing would be the fit of the skate (vapor vs supreme) your heel width/size and arch will determine which fits you best in the end other then that its a different looking boot but all the marketing about being for specific player types I think is silly.

Yeah i thought that too, no where near an nhl pro here haha so will just go with what fits best and enjoy them!

Thanks for all your input!

No problem bud, I am going to see the manager at my shop in the next few days who says he has 20 years of fitting experience so we'll see what he says about my feet lol..if he provides any useful insight i'll relay it along to the forums

Hi,

My opinion about your case:

Lacebite or kind of thing. Thats why APX has a special tounge. And it's really works. You can try something like that.

IMHO

APX is much more harder than totalone nxg. I have both of those (size 6EE).

APX is just perfect, I can really stop and run a full speed. APX are kind of more explosive. IMHO. As far as I see, toecup might be very important sometime. So, just look at the toecup.

My problem is that APX are not my depth and I have wrong size ( right foot smaller than left). Custom APX - my dream. I'm trying Graf now

Thats great info, thanks!

My right foot is slightly smaller than my left too, i will definitely try out some vapours if they fit well :)

No problem bud, I am going to see the manager at my shop in the next few days who says he has 20 years of fitting experience so we'll see what he says about my feet lol..if he provides any useful insight i'll relay it along to the forums

Brilliant, will be interesting to know his input

I went to my local shop to see if they could help and ended up trying on a bunch of different skates. The Nexus had the right depth and felt pretty decent until I stood up. The arch was too high or in the completely wrong spot. The RBZ had the right depth but was too wide at the ankle and the ankle pads really dug into the screws in my ankle, not a good feeling. I tried like hell to get them to brings out back to try on some Ribcors, no dice. The NXG and One.9 both fit perfectly right out of the box. Due to the price I went with the One.9. I skated on them last night and besides some adjusting the results were very positive.

I think my time was up with my Easton's. I had them since 09. The insides and tongues were rock hard, not much comfort. I got more than my monies worth out of them, so no worries.

Good to hear someone got a good fitting pair of skates. Hopefully I can say the same sometime soon (most likely over a month when they get new supremes in locally, or if I am impatient and order random sizes off IW and get lucky it may be sooner lol). If only I was this persistent in my younger years, hockey probably would've been a whole different thing for me.

Good to hear someone got a good fitting pair of skates. Hopefully I can say the same sometime soon (most likely over a month when they get new supremes in locally, or if I am impatient and order random sizes off IW and get lucky it may be sooner lol). If only I was this persistent in my younger years, hockey probably would've been a whole different thing for me.

Nothing can substitute sitting in a shop with plenty of time to kill trying on skate after skate skate. I guess I am spoiled that way where I have a good size shop about 20 minutes away that carries a good range of product.

Thinking back, growing up I probably never had a pair of skates that fit properly. No one cared about width and depth. If the skate was too tight, you got a bigger size, too loose you wore thicker socks. In my experience fitting has become almost a science.

Hi all!

Proudly present my new custom skates Graf G75 Ultra High

Swiss made

High - high NOT low cut.

light weight

20140612_192950.jpg

Great looking skates. What other custom features did you get?

Great looking skates. What other custom features did you get?

Additional material to cover arches - half inch. They are really deep now.

Addtitional stiffnes - they are much stiffer (may be even close to nxg)

smaller towcap on right. left R, right N (narrow width)

size 6 left size 5.5 right