Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lester8

NHL training show

On Sunday night, I caught the end of a program on TSN. It was a documentary following NHL stars in the offseason. It showed Gary Roberts at Station 7 and Eric Lindros on a farm shooting pucks. It showed these guys do a bunch of other intense exercises. It was really interesting, did anybody else catch it? I checked tsn.ca and it's called Three Guys and a Goal. I hope they put it on again.

Guest phillyfan

Haha, Lindros on a farm shooting pucks. Not sure why, but I find that hilarious. The Flyers have a book out that pictures each play trying out a different occupation. Gagne as a police officer, and well, I forget the rest, but it was a pretty interesting read for the time I was allowed to read it in the store.

I saw that a long time ago. I think they had one of the ottawa senators running through the woods and in water and such. Oh yeah Chris Neil.

Yeah he was running uphills with a huge log on his back. I missed the first 10 min but the rest was pretty nice to watch. Gave me some ideas how to train this of season.

I watched it on the NHL Network. That thing where Lindros (I think it was him) was on a balance ball doing weights was awesome.

That'll build your core muscles thats for sure. I should try that, although Im sure Id fall over.

One time on CBC HNIC, they showed Comrie standing on an exercise ball doing shoulder presses with free weights. I thought I was missing some key information like they glued the ball to the floor. In any case, that's extremely dangerous.

Guest 2048
I watched it on the NHL Network. That thing where Lindros (I think it was him) was on a balance ball doing weights was awesome.

That'll build your core muscles thats for sure. I should try that, although Im sure Id fall over.

For starters you can try situps and pushups on a stability ball. Great for your core muscles, but painful and hard as hell.

I saw that a long time ago. I think they had one of the ottawa senators running through the woods and in water and such. Oh yeah Chris Neil.

Aaron Downey, not Chris Neil. This is an awesome documentary, I liked the one with Chris Chelios as well.

To add, If they showed the stuff that the Rangers did, Lindros did that exercise for his wrists and forearms. Where you sit on the edge of a bench. Take the bar w/ X amount of weight. Lay your forearms on your thighs w/ hands hanging off. Let the bar roll down to you fingertips and then back up, rolling your wrists up.

I started doing this a week ago and its absolutly brutal. I started w/ a good deal of weight. After doing them my forearms remained tense and "ripped" for an hour. I reccomend anyone to try them.

I've been doing that in my Routine for a year or so now. It makes alot of difference, and they make you feel just amazing after.

Exercise ball are the best, you can do everything with them. I always use one when I am at the gym, I'll probably get one this summer to train with a punching bag and an exercise matress.

Did all those guys appear in one episode, or is this "three guys and a goal" a documentary series?

If you are all refering to different programs coul dyou post the name of it, these behind the scene NHL programs really intrigue me.

One time on CBC HNIC, they showed Comrie standing on an exercise ball doing shoulder presses with free weights. I thought I was missing some key information like they glued the ball to the floor. In any case, that's extremely dangerous.

I train where Comrie does and some of the stuff he can do is unreal, especially on the fit balls.