Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sss1987

Bauer Nexus 6000/8000 Shin Pad advice

Hi all.

I wear some very old bauer impact (13") shins from "back in the day". These are very much a classic type of pad i guess.

I am after some new shin pads.

I have tried on the likes of some CCM Rbz (top end pads in 13") and some mako m3s again in a 13". What i am finding is that the knees dont fit deep enough for my liking..i almost feel "exposed" on the sides of my knees. I also feel like the pads sit on top of my shins rather then also wrapping around.

After searching, the only pads i know of which do 13" as a senior (which i personally think helps the depth issue) are the likes of bauer and i think sherwood.

I tried on some 13" supreme one.4s and vapor x60 shins. These both fit deeper on my knee then the RBZs and makos. I felt the supremes fit to tight around the rest of my leg, and x60s were ok..but just seemed like i would have to go up a few levels in terms of models.

I would like to try on some Nexus 6000s or 8s, just to see if these would fit me a bit better. However im worried about the fact everyone says these are "wide pads"..however i have a feeling these will give me a better wrap all over my legs. Can anyone comment on how much "wider" these are over the vapor and supreme line?

thanks