Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
stick9

Bauer IMS 11.0 Helmet

Bauer IMS 11.0

Size: Small

Player info:

Height: 5’9”

Weight: 165bs

Position: Forward/Defense

Previous Helmet: Bauer 7500 Size Medium

Length of use – 3/4 months

Fit: Helmets always seem to fit me certain areas, but not others. The IMS 11.0 was the first helmet to give me that whole head fit. The Comfort foam layer with PORON front band and the SEVEN tech TPU pods make for a nice comfortable fit. Adjustment system is a bit different than what I am used to, but it’s quick and easy. One thing to note, with most other helmets I wear a medium, I had to drop down to small. 10/10

Protection – The former Cascade M11 (aka Messier Project) with its Patented Seven TechnologyTM impact attenuation liner system, ProFit 2TM system 15 point micro adjustment and solid one piece shell has all the talking points but who really knows. I hope I never find out either. N/A

Weight – On par with my previous helmet. In fact, looking at the listed weights is 54 grams heavier than the 7500. I don’t notice it, but I am not blown away by how light it is. 9/10

Durability – No issues so far, things have held up well. However, removing the shield after a few months of use to mount a Bauer titanium cage was a painful experience. Hardware to mount the J-Clips is hard to get to, and almost impossible to hold if it’s rusted. 7/10

Intangibles –The combination of comfort and fit make it a solid choice. But on the down side, it doesn’t breath all that well. If you’re a cage wearer save yourself the trouble and buy the combo. 7/10

Conclusion - I am really happy with it. Would I recommend it to a friend, absolutely…in fact I already have. During WF I told dkmiller to try one on, he did and ended up buying two.

Final score – 8.25/10

• Like 1