Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

CCM Vector 100

CCM Vector 100/ Recchi Stiff Flex

Reviewer

5'9" 185lbs Defense Ice Bantam AA

First Impressions

My first impression of this stick was that it had a good balance to it, i like my sticks leaning towards a little bit blade heavy, i find it easier to take a slapshot with a blade heavy stick. It was an ugly orange/brown color but it was on sale for $115 cdn at my LHS and i thought it was a good investment.

Flex 9/10

It had a nice smooth feel when it flexed, but lacked that "kick" that high end one pieces give, but it still performed well, my wristers were incredibly smooth and hit what ever corner i aimed at, my snap shot also improved because of the flex, but the biggest different was my slap shot, when i was shooting i felt the shaft bow and then snap back to normal but a drawback was that the shaft tourqed in my hands.

Feel 8.5/10

The blade was very solid and stiff, the blade wasnt thin but i dont like thin blades

anyways(PP) my toe split open during my second skate with it but that was my mistake (got a pass right off the toe of it) but the feel for the puck was great the thicker blade and the foam core really seemed to produce a great feel for the puck

Stickhandling 9/10

This is where the stick in my opinion really excels it lets you keep your head up and not glance down once or twice when carrying the puck, it really allowed me to be more confident quarter backing the power-play i could skate the puck up ice and almost into their zone.

Passing 9/10

The passes were always on with this stick made that long stretch pass (they took out the redline in my league) a breeze, recieving passes was great, even if the pass wasnt on the tape i could stretch a little bit and still catch it and control it.

Shooting 8/10

Wasn't the best stick i have in my arsenal for shooting but its other qualities make up for it, probably have one of the if not the hardest shot in my league, it didnt lose any power but didnt add anything to it.

Durability 7/10

This is what dissapointed me and turned me away from one pieces for good, it started to lose its stiffness and the blade started to twist when i was shooting, when it broke we were on the penalty kill and i was goign to dump it out and change but the blade broke off just into that shaft.

Conclusion 8.5/10

It was a good stick but not very durable i had it for about a month and a half so about 20 or so skates, it was good until about 2 skates before the end i really want to try the vector 110 see if its more durable because i hear its a tank

HP3

CCM Vector 100/Stiff Flex RH Recchi Curve

Reviewer

5'9" 150 lbs

Other sticks used: Mission M-1, Easton Synergy

It was the first OPS that I got (79.99 cdn!) but when my friends got me an M-1 for my birthday, it became my backup. 2 months later when my M-1 broke, I've started to use it and still do to this day.

Flex: 7/10 (Personal Preference)

I am not really a fan of stiff sticks. I only got it because it was on sale. Like the previous reviewer said, this stick flexes smoothly but it doesn't have that kick like most high end OPS. Maybe it would've done me better if they had regular flex available but if you are the right person for this flex, it will work you wonders.

Feel: 6/10

Coming from the M-1 which offers superior feel (blade was soft and had a foam core), I struggled to corral passes for a while because the blade was thin and very hard but when I got used to it, it was smooth sailing although once in a while I would get the odd bounce off my blade. For a low end OPS you can't really complain!

Stickhandling: 8/10

Because of the avg feel of the blade, I couldn't keep my head up for a while when handling the puck. But when I was finally able to, it was alright - not the best! The shaft felt solid. The blade of the stick is bulky compared to most OPS.

Passing: 10/10

This is where the 100 excelled. The Recchi curve is perfect for passing. I'm a defenseman so getting your passes to your forwards is crucial. It seems like this curve really loves the long stretch and saucer passes. Recieving passes is not that bad either.

Shooting: 8/10

Because of the bulky blade, slapshots are hard to do with this stick. Wrist shots are pretty good though. I can get a pretty hard wrist shot with this sucker. The only thing about this stick is that it doesn't have a quick release like most OPS.

Durability: 8/10

The shaft can take a pounding. After taking and recieving slashes it seems like the shaft can come back for more. Durability with the blade is another story though, the toe of the blade started to split after a 5+ games. This has also happened to 4 of my friends that use the same stick. Overall it is a durable stick, it's lasted me 8 months so far.

Intangibles

Picky people probably won't buy this stick. It's ugly! The orange/diarrhea colour will probably turn off most people - heck if it wasn't for the sale I probably wouldn't even considred this stick! I'm not really a fan of the radius shape as I prefer traditional shaft shape. It sorta hurts my hand if I don't have a proper grip on it.

For a low end OPS, the CCM Vector 100 is nicely balanced and can outperform most sticks that share its price range. It's also pretty durable and if you tape the toe of the blade from the very beginning, you should be able to avoid the toe splitting problems for a while.

I would recommend this stick to people that want a starter OPS. It's definately a bang for your buck especially if you can get in on sales!