Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Jammed Thumb

Anyone have any tips for preventing jammed thumb? Hopefully just a once in a career thing, but the more I think about it, the more I guess this may have happened more. So, the "play" that I'm surprised never caused anything until today was:

Lefty crosses blue line moving slightly to his left. I am a Right Handed D man, so as he winds up for his slapshot, I reach in to touch the puck as he hits it, which typically results in a flubbed shot. Problem is, that his stick jammed my left thumb as he made contact with the puck, since I must have rotated myself a little bit as I reached to challenge the shot. Not epic pain or anything, just an "Ah frak this is gonna be a problem for the rest of the tourney" thought. No big deal, just a bad sprain, but this was a little chubby guy who jammed my finger, who is a mediocre skater with a mediocre shot. If it was a certain guy on my team (250 lb guy with a cannon), I think my thumb would have been jammed back into my hand.

Anyway, aside from not letting my arm overrotate, anyone know of a mod I can make to my gloves to give me some jam blockage? I am thinking of a ledge to hang over the tip of the thumb, not sure if it has been engineered yet.

I wear Bauer Matrix Pro gloves- decent protection, lock flex thumb. The stick hit on my thumb itself, where the palm material is, not on the area with the foam or plastic.