Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1kp

Skate Recommendation

I'm trying to get back into roller hockey. Have played ice for the past 4 years and haven't played roller hockey since 2010. Last pair of skates I used were the Mission Soldier Black.

Anything that fits a wide foot with a narrow heel would be best.

The two most common replies:

- Alkali skates, most of them were done by Justin (fellow MSH member) who used to do the pre-Bauer Mission skates, they are very heat-moldable

- Bauer Vapor series, maybe EE width, fits nicely with most people with wide forefeet while still having awesome heel-lock even with narrow heels.

My personal recommendation:

- a DIY conversion, just take you ice boot from previous season and put on a roller chassis (I'd go for Marsblade). This ensures the same fit as you're used to on the ice, and gives your old skates another purpose for little money. There is an entire thread here.

Anyhow, when it comes to new skates that you haven't worn before, you have to try as many as possible rather than going online for a bargain hunt. Otherwise you might end up with something that doesn't fit at all.