Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dizzyg12

CCM stick Demo day

Before my game tonight, the rink had a rep from CCM there and we were able to test out sticks. It was a neat experience being able to test various flexes and curves.

I'm pretty comfortable with the curve I've been using (the ovi, formerly the Sakic I believe). Been using that for nearly 15 years I'd say.

I use a 95 flex cut down to just below my chin so probably plays like a 100 or so. (I'm 5'10/180). I tried everything from 65 and up and I really didn't like anything less than 85 which to me was tolerable but just didn't feel that big of a difference in my shots. Where I noticed the difference amongst all the flexes is the puck control/feel. The lower the flex the worse I was at controlling the puck.

In my wrist shot I did notice more whip obviously but my accuracy was not nearly as good and On Slap shots that was more of an issue.

Granted, it was just a brief sessions,

No really warmup and the sticks were not all cut to the same size and what I use, but I guess when you're comfortable with something it's really hard to change! At the end of the day it comes down to feel for me. I'm more of a set up person and I like having a good feel for the puck and accuracy with passing as well as shots. I don't take a ton of slap shots, more wristers and quick snap shots.

Neat thing to do and I couldn't give you an extensive review of each CCM offering, but I would say if you have an opportunity to do this, take advantage of it!