Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martis

Smarthockey Training PUCK

Anyone used the new Smarthockey Training PUCK ?

http://www.icewarehouse.com/Smart_Hockey_Off-Ice_Training_Pucks/descpage-SHPK.html

I don't mean the Smarthockey ball. Looks like they came out with an off-ice training PUCK now.

Icewarehouse FB site says something like: glides a bit better then green biscuit ...

Those should be able to withstand more abuse than green biscuit snipes (shooting, aso) ? ... I am currently using green biscuit snipe pucks for shooting, though I destroyed 3 of them last weekend hitting the goal post :blush:

It's definitely not as smooth as the original Biscuit for stick handling and passing, but I do like it better than the snipe and it does seem to be more durable. It will put some serious dents in your posts though. The only other thing I don't like is that even though it has the same weight as an ice puck the friction on concrete creates more drag and makes it feels heavier than it is

It really doesn't compare to the original Green Biscuit for stick handling and passing, but nothing else does either, including the GB Snipe. Of the off-ice pucks you can actually practice shooting with, the smarthockey puck is my favorite. I like that it isn't a two-piece construction like the GB and it is definitely more durable that the GB Snipe. I've never broken a Snipe, but they will get some nasty dents in them. The smarthockey puck seems to hold up much better. I do agree with cmflynn that it does feel heavier than an ice puck due to drag.

Using the Smarthockey pucks now for some weeks, i can say that they are indestructible at hockey training. They hold up much more than the GB Snipes. Some friends (pro level) and I didn't manage to destroy one, not even when hitting the posts hard. :wink: To be honest, we didn't shot excessive slap shots against concrete walls, or something like that. 

They just got minor scratches from sliding over the old rough asphalt street. 

Another big plus is, that you can get them in many different colors. Especially the light colors,  like yellow, are much better to see when training when it gets dark in the evening. I always had a hard time searching for misplayed dark-green GB Snipes in green gras.

Finally, for me, those are great, less slide than the original light-green biscuit, but still good for stick handling also. :smile: