Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tinkeric

Any skates that fit like 2009 Mission Boss Black (Syndicate)

Hey everyone,

My favorite skates of all-time, the Mission Boss Black's from '09, are falling apart and about to be retired. The succeeding Mission product line Axiom was crap, I thought.

Does anyone know if there are any skates out there now that fit like the Mission Boss Black's? Or if Mission/Bauer has gone back to that style of fit? Thanks.

BossBlack.jpg

The designer of that skate is on this board. He moved on to form Alkali and designed all their skate models to this point. He's now with Labeda, but Alkali is still probably your best bet.

Bauer uses the Supreme last for the current Mission lines which is not the same as the old Boss last.

I am sure you've noticed by now that there is no comparable skate.  I have the soldier black with aluminum chassis.  Still going strong no tears, unbent frame.  Some bleach and skillful use, they last.  Those Black Boss skates have a magnesium frame with a ticking clock and a softer microfiber boot which wears quicker as well.  They are nice in the moment, a little more buttery smooth.  But alas, these soldiers were made to do just that, soldier on.

Edited by BIGGIE42069
  • Like 1