Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevinsize97

Alkali RPE Visium+ vs CCM RBZ 90 skates

I'm trying to decide between these two skates for C level indoor and outdoor hockey. I have the 90s in hand and am aware that they were originally $400 skates and are classified as "elite" on inline warehouse. The RBZ line is from 2013 and I got these skates at a great price. The Visiums are classified as "performance" skates on inline warehouse and are slightly more expensive than the 90s.

i was wondering, seeing as the RBZ line is years old and the RPE line is very new, if the Visiums might be the higher quality skate, what with three years of tech upgrades, even though the 90s are a higher end model.

Anyone have any experience with these two models? 

Thank you 

I don't have experience with the Alkali's but almost went with CCM RBZ 90's as they can be bought for great deals now.  Looking at the specs of both, it doesn't look like anything on the Alkali is necessarily better than the RBZ's, but even though MSRP is lower, they look to be about equal more or less.

The biggest factor should be fit.  If the CCM's are a good fit for your feet, keep them, otherwise keep shopping around until you do find the ideal fit.  I found them to be a bit narrow in the forefoot and liked the Mission fit better, but I didn't bake the CCM's either.  If you can get your hands on a pair of Alkali's, compare the fit to the CCM's and keep whichever feels the best. 

^ Thank you! Very informative. I have the 90s in hand and haven't skated in them yet, but have put my foot inside and laced up and they immediately had the sides of my feet screaming. My feet are pretty narrow, too. I've read/heard virtually nothing but GREAT things about Alkali skates, so I think I am going to pull the trigger and exchange the 90s for the Visiums. I'm still hoping to hear more feedback as I still have time to change my mind.