Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

Graf PK3300 fit and feel

Just got PK3300. As a background, I have had Supra 535S for a while now and I am comparing the two.

Even though in Graf Playbook they say that PK3300 come with Attack holders, mine came in with Cobra NT3000. Which is ok, I do not mind attack holders, I quite like them, but 3000 is an upgrade in the way that I can get aftermarket runners for them no problem, while no one really makes aftermarket for Attack holders.

The stiffness of the boot just a tiny bit stiffer than the 535S.

Pencil test is identical to 535S with the exception that I get a little more starting the top two eyelets where I get about an 8th extra. with 535S, my pencil test is basically flush with the foot where pencil in contact with with my foot to to about 3rd from the bottom eyelet at which point I get a gap which at the 1st eyelet is about a quarter of an inch. Exact the same with PK3300, except as I sid before I get also some air at the top 2 eyelets which is a welcome thing in my book.

Tongue, is overall a different feel than in 535S. It is a little stiffer, but also tighter with a pronounced groove in the middle where the two halves are stitched together, with tongue getting thicker as it goes out to edges. It almost look like a grove for Achilles tendon in 8035/9035. I am expecting this feature (or side effect) work similarly to forsberg pad to some degree but not quite.

The insole looks like regular anatomical footbed, although it does not say that. But it looks and feels the same as the anatomical footbed in 535s (i do like those as they give me the most volume).

Toebox is lined with a foam material similar to what insole is made out of, but perhaps thicker, That feels pretty nice on my big toe (in my case , my big toe is at least 1/2" longer than the next toes and my curse is to have my toe touching the box so the rest of it makes sense). This is actually pretty bi for me personally. The liner covers the entire box including the top which reduces negative space by enough to feel as if the boot fits tighter with less room  to lift and curl the toes inside. Not quite a powerfoot insert, but leaning in that direction.

Width at the heel and heel pocket is identical to 535 as they sit now. In 535, It was a little tighter at first, but now that 535 are broken in, it feels the same as the new PK3300. Heel-lock feels better in PK3300 by a small margin, ankle feels a bit less pressure under the bone, which is once again a welcome thing. Even thoug it was not causing any pain or discomfort, I could feel it, but with PK3300 the sensation is gone.

Width from heel forward is not necessarily more, but I would say, more anatomical. In 535S, I would have a little pressure on the side just forward the arch, now that is no longer there and I have very nice contouring on my foot and it does not tighten up when I lace up.

Comparing to some other skates fit-wise. JetSpeed 10D feels the same as this, but perhaps because my big-toe. JetSpeeds do have longer big toe toebox. Jet speeds are totally wrong fit for me as I get neither penciltest nor width. The only thing that works, is the heel lock and heel pocket. Do not remember JetSpeed, I would think it was 260.

Nexus N7000/N8000 fills very close to PK3300 as far as width from heel forward goes, but the heel is much tighter than Nexus. Also Nexus has more volume, pencil test would have about a quarter inch of air top to bottom and even more at the toes. Length of PK3300 in 10.5R is about the same as Nexus in 10R. Nexus toebox has much more room above toes for me. Boot stiffness probably the same from what I remember.

CCM Tacks 10D feel the same length wise as PK3300 10.5R. Probably the same width from heel forward, but PKs are tighter in the heel and have better heel-lock. Tacks toebosx is ridiculously roomy comparing to PKs as far as I can judge. Do not remember model. I think 5075.

Weight of 10.5 PK3300 without shoelaces, but with new runners is 900 gram each. Supra 535S is 1020 gram a piece (same with a new runner, but without laces).

Tendon guard is stiff, but can be flexed backwards (not the case with 535S)

Just went to the ice to see how they feel. Since I got them in my office, I had no way to bake or sharpen those. I just put runners from my 535s Atrack holders and went on a shitty ice that has not been resurfaced in hours after allc day of hockey practices and an hour of public skating. The runners did not fit quite well, but good enough for the girls in the neighborhood.

These PK3300 fit me like a glove. I am not even sure if I want to stick them in the oven. I have zero fit problems. They feel much more comfortable comparing to my broken in and baked 535S. Tongue feels pretty good. After an hour of skating around the bumpy rink, zero complains. Nice forward flex, good ankle feel. Need to put correct runners and those will be perfect for me. Skates were dry at the end as well and I did feel the weight difference them being lighter. Might as well put my 535s on ebay, I doubt I will put them on again.

I have attempted to estimate the profile on PK3300. It looks like 8'-9' comparing to 11' from previous generation.

in the picture Graf 535S Attack runner profile at the top. The magenta line is 11' radius. Below it, runner from PK3300 with Cobra NT3000 runner. Red line is 8', blue line is 11' for reference to indicate the difference between 8' and 11' radius on a runner. As you can see, difference is rather minute. (right click on the image and open in the new tab to see it full resolution)

grafrunners.png