Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dante2004

Dryland training / Concrete surface / Roll on

Anyone try one of those roll on products to make concrete smoother for shooting or dryland training?  I'm looking to setup a shooting area in the garage for my son and want to extend it to the concrete outside of the garage.  I bought roller hockey rink tiles for the garage and they work great (even for ice pucks), but that's not practical for outside because cars will park on it.  I've seen really slick/smooth concrete in industrial buildings that a puck would slide nice on.  That would an option, but I figure it would be cheaper to just put a coating of some sort on the concrete like they do at outdoor inline hockey rinks.  This would be for stickhandling and shooting not inline skating on.

I'm looking for a product like this: http://www.sportmaster.net/skating

Anyone try something like this?  Results?  Recommend a product?

On 10/20/2017 at 5:47 AM, Dante2004 said:

I'm looking for a product like this: http://www.sportmaster.net/skating

Anyone try something like this?  Results?  Recommend a product?

I can't recommend a specific product but our concrete inline rink was done in a covering very similar to this, if not the same product. It's been down 7 years and lasted really well. Two issues with it though. 1: If the concrete expands / contracts then this can lead to cracks opening up over expansions joints, if you have any. You need to seal over the expansion joints well. 2: The final pour. If you don't get this mix right AND you don't get all the air bubbles out before and during pouring, it's a effin disaster. After pouring, any air bubbles will slowly rise to the surface and either stay just under the surface or pop turning the area into something that looks like a volcanic crater. Just think of the moon surface in your own backyard. We fixed it by having a working bee that went over the entire rink chiseling and sanding down the craters, not the best way to spend a weekend! Other than that the surface has held up really well but when it gets wet it gets slippery.