Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  

Hey Guys,

I recently got back into hockey after about 15 years off the ice.  I'm 5'10, 200lbs, have flat feet and wide feet.  I wear a size 10 D in Nike sneakers, my feet measures approx. 27 CM Length and 10.5 CM Width (Widest point). Arch? (where your front tendon meets the skate tongue) here's the tricky part.  I recently had my Graf Ultra 705s (Size 9 wide) shipped from the States, there are no hockey stores around to try skates.  I used to play in these back in Varsity and had no problems.  But this time, I had intense lace burn after my second skate and had to get off the ice after 1 hour.  

My question is, and after doing some through research.  1. Buy Bauer Nexus 1N 8.5 D or EE.  2. Very open to hearing some thoughts about the CCM Super / Ultra Tacks, I'm just concerned about the volume of the boot.  I didn't pass the pencil test for my Graf Ultra 705s, but by a small amount.  Does anyone have any experience with CCM Super / Ultra tacks line? Would I get lace burn in those because of my instep? Will a 8.5 EE be sufficient for my 10.5 CM wide feet and flat feet? 

Thank you for reading, appreciate any insight.