Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taz_g

new wheels problem, too much grip, any fixes?

Hi, I play on sport court, and it seems I can´t find proper wheels . I originally played with the millenniums "x-soft" that came with my skates, and I was not able to do a proper hockey stop, I thought that I was too heavy for the wheel hardness (im 190 lbs) , so I tried putting some 80As  in the 2 middle wheels,  that was a bit better, but felt like too slippery for turning or accelerating, and still a bit hard to stop . I decided to change them for the "soft" millenniums, and they still felt like too much grip, they wont smoothly slide during a stop , so now I bought some 78A shootes, and still too much grip, I guess it is somethig with the wheels when they are new, if so, is there any way to fix it, ? cos this is being a pail, I mean, literally , to my ankles , and also my game level s*ks since I cant stop without making and awkward turn . I only been playing for a couple of years, so skating level is probably an issue too, but with the old wheels I was able to do some good stops, so maybe there´s some way to make new wheels feel a bit more confortable,  I was thinking on sanding the wheel surface so they feel more like used wheels, has anyone tried ? any other ideas? I´d really appreciate your comments. thanks a lot !