Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Sportsnet Carrying AHL Games

I've noticed Sportsnet has been carrying alot of AHL games recently. They had the Baby Leafs vs. Edmonton on Monday and they have the repeat game tonight as well. I am looking forward to seeing this one as last one was great. For those who didn't see it a Leafs player (Ling) threw a nice hipcheck on Wright, Wright snapped and tried to sucker punch him from behind, but didn't get all of him. Not surprisingle, line brawl ensues, Stajan gets beat up pretty nicely. A few more fights afterwards, Wilm and Perrot took their guys nicely, and this game should be pretty intense. There was a minor outcry about the Wright incident, but nothing huge. Just thought I'd give you guys who get sportsnet a heads up because this could be a real good one.

I just noticed that Fox Sports Bay Area (San Fran) is showing the Cleveland vs Syracuse game in 20 minutes. I've never seen an AHL game before, I'm pretty pumped.

...Wright snapped and tried to sucker punch him from behind, but didn't get all of him...

Unless there were 2 incidents in the game...it was Rocky Thompson that threw the punch at Ling. He was suspended for 5 games....

...the result was very different, but it LOOKED an awful lot like Bertuzzi/Moore.

It did look strikingly similar to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident. Reasonable cause for suspension, you'd think.

Thompson didn't sound too bright in the post-game/next day interviews. He accused the league of being fooled or conned by the Leafs into suspending him. He called his punch a 'slap on the neck', said if he had meant to hurt Ling he would have done something else...

He's all class, that's for sure. Five games for a suckerpunch from behind; sounds fair.

- Hey, I thought tough guys didn't need to suckerpunch... they dropped the gloves like 'real men'?? <_< :ph34r:

i wish more ahl games were broadcast in the states...at least in the midwest region. we've got close to nothing. i got voom dish network installed this week and they're rebroadcasting the world junior games in HD. its pretty bad ass, but its a bummer knowing the outcome already.