Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dave P

Quad 0 Dave P

Hi, we'll see how this goes, feel free to comment if I suck at reviews. My background is if it can't be measured maybe it didn't happen

so subjective reviews are hard. I've been skating next to forever, mostly play pick-up games with other old guys now, 6ft about 180lbs,

skates are 1x Vapors and steel is 280mm Tydan. Review is after about 10 hours ice time.

Acceleration  4,..... it's easy to get up on the toe of the skate and get the first steps in quickly to get moving if you get caught standing still,

this might be the biggest plus for this type of profile with the short radius on the front.

Maneuverability  5 skating backward and about 2.5 to 3 forward....ok, what the hell does that mean?  I'm equating maneuverability with tight turning

when both feet are on the ice ( not "running" crossovers to move laterally ) Skating forward I have a tough time in real tight turns, back half of the skate

kinda wanted to go straight....really had to work to tighten the turn radius. It could be done but wasn't "clean"....ate the ice and scrubbed speed. Skating

backward was great, human tether ball on a short rope great.

Stability 4..............really had no issues, didn't feel like balance was off....everything seemed comfortable.

Speed 3.................With out making this a long story I did do some laps with a stopwatch and compared them to the 9/50mm/10.5 triple that I now have on.

Times were averaged over 10 passes per session on 3 different days averaged within about 1/2 second on the three days.

Many years back I spent a few winters on speed skates so I have  a clue about this part of the test. For top speed

the profile needs more toe left on it, for hockey it feels pretty good.

This 3 rating may/likely will change as other profiles get tried. So far I'm really not liking the 9/50mm/10.5 "glide" profile and

I suspect I'll be happy to be done with it.

Summary ................ I found it very easy to move your feet quickly, made it easy to react to direction of play. I felt it took less effort/strength when accelerating 

and making lateral moves. Found it to be an easy profile to adapt to, pretty comfortable right out of the gate. 

If I was going to tune it for myself I'd do a bit more blending or tighten the radius at the heel a bit to help tighten up the

forward turns.

• Like 1