Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
stick9

Quad 1 - stick9

Steel: Tydan Edge 246mm

Hollow: ¾ ROH

About me:  Skating in general has never really been an issue. I’ve always been able to get to where I need to be. I started skating a young and grew up on a lake, so plenty of ice time in the winter. There are some aspects of my skating that could be better. I have had issues with decreased agility and lack of overall stability in the past. Normally I rotate two sets of steel. The first set is stock Bauer LS4 profiled to a Quad 0 by Shayne from Pro Sharp, the second is stock STEP Edge. When I started this program I purchased a set of Tydan from the pro shop here at MSH.

The stock STEP profile is my control set.

Review:

I spent roughly 4+ hours on this profile. All of which was either mens league or pickup, no public skating this time around. Transitioning from my control steel to the quad 1 was fairly easy, no real adjustment period needed. My initial reaction was “this seems long” but it really didn’t play that way. I was able to get in and out of my turns with ease. Getting off the line and moving around in tight spaces was very fluid. The only time they actually felt longer was when I transitioned from forward to backwards. The larger (or longer) heel was somewhat noticable. Overall the added stability and top end speed was a nice add. Especially since I didn't have to sacrifice in other areas to get it.

In comparison to the quad 0 I’ve been using. The quad 1 played a lot like the quad 0, just longer on the back side and the numbers bear that out. Quad 0 = 6’, 9’. 11’, 13’. The Quad 1 = 6’, 9’. 12’, 15’.

Mobility: 4

Stability: 4

Speed: 4

Acceleration: 4

Other profiles on deck:

9 | 50mm | 10.5

Quad 0

I reserve the right to change/alter/modify my scores based on further testing

Edited by stick9