Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
marka

Tendinitis help?

Howdy,

8 hours ago, caveman27 said:

How's playing with a shorter stick? Are you bent over more to pass, shoot and stick-handle?

I would say a little more bent, yes.  Trying to do it with knees vs. back, but it ends up with both.  For sure a bit of an adjustment period, but after not playing for 3-ish months or whatever it was, there was an adjustment period anyway. 

Its about 6" shorter, btw.  I notice it most in terms of reaching out for poke checks or to knock the puck down / keep it in the zone or something.

I would say its also messed with how the flex of the stick feels to me.

Hard to say if the lack of wrist pain is from the stick length, different knob, different wrist brace or just lots of rest.  At this point I don't have much incentive to isolate each of those things to narrow it down.  I'm just enjoying being able to play without my wrist hurting.  My bigger focus is to see if I can get my wind back a little after months of doing nothing but "ref skating"  🙂

Mark

• Like 1