Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bender94

P28 Variants and your prefered stick length

I am going to try and keep this post somewhat short, but has anyone else who switched to a P28 in the last few years found leaving the stick longer than what you usually would for a similar lie? and if so is this because of the rocker?

The only reason I even bothered making a post, is way back in the day using a pm9 I cut them to my adams apple, I know its insane I use a p28 when I used to use such a small curve, but that is a short stick with a 5-5.5 lie, on the p28s I cut them to a similar length, however noticed I was overskating pucks, added an inch plug and was fine. I have also used p92s cut around the height and didnt notice a difference on a 6 lie really.

I am essentially wondering if the way you use the curve requires length, or if at 30 I am finally loosing flexibility and needed a longer stick haha.

It took some getting used to taking snappers with your heel up, but once you get it down, you rip lasers with a pretty easy quick release, also I have been told by goaltenders the way people shoot off the toe of those types of curves does mess with their anticipation, unsure if it was just the goalies I spoke with, or there is some truth to the matter.

I play with the P92 and P28 shorter and whippier than my old heel curve sticks. I find the shorter twig lets me get more of my weight and leverage over the toe when shooting.

I also find the shorter stick helps me keep the blade (especially the toe) flat on the ice and closer to my body when stickhandling/protecting the puck. 

Edited by Cavs019

I do the same. My P28 sticks are about 1 inch shorter than my PM9 curved sticks. I have found with my William Nylander pro sticks i can go back up 1 inch, same with a Justin Williams P28 stick I had. 

It's due to the lie angle imo. 

I’m guessing I’m getting old, or it could oddly be preference. I move my hands a lot and with it longer when I drop my bottom hand to shoot I have more leverage with my top hand trying to flex the blade as well. 

Hell maybe it’s just off playstyle. I just referee also, and I noticed players using what appeared to be relatively long sticks when using that curve.