Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Composite Sakic pattern clones available?

It's a difficult transition for some, easier for others, I am refering to the Modano to Sakic. If your having trouble with one, or don't seem to like it, then you should look to switch. You should be able to use ANY curve, you may not prefer it, it may not be great, but you should be able to manage.

From every Composite blade I've seen the P91 is a Drury/YP Clone. I believe Cavs has a P91 XXX right now so he may be good to chime in as well. The Sakic does have some similarities with the Drury thats my "second in command" for curves behind the Drury, Modano is a close 3rd. I've switched between Modano's and Sakics many times, from a personal point of view its not overly easy, but not overly difficult.

if you suck at slap shots and cant lift it off the ice(man u must be bad) not that low shots are bad but if u cnat even get it off the ice get a drury.. that curve odes crazy things same with a lidstrom

Who are you talking to? Who said they can't get it off the ice? I though this thread was about trying to help someone find a non-Easton blade that's close to a Sakic, not about telling people you don't even know that they suck at slap shots.

The '05 Bauer Naslund is a Sakic clone. But right now there is no Bauer pattern that is a Sakic, unless you can find a PT3 Vapor, but i dont think those Exist.

I have a few p91 Kovalchuk XX's, and they are more or less the Drury curve. The profile, lie, and curve line up almost exact, with the 91 being slightly deeper. Despite the huge difference between Sakic and Drury, when you line them up next to one another they dont look all that different. Both are labeled 1/2(although i believe the Drury is closer to 3/8), round toe, 5.5 lie, but the Drury/p91 starts much closer to the heel than the sakic, which is more of a mid-toe.

From every Composite blade I've seen the P91 is a Drury/YP Clone.

So in your opinion, which Bauer blade is closest to a Sakic?

P92 or PT92 which is now named the Naslund (I stink with the numbers). Honestly on the XX and such, they didn't have a Sakic Clone. I'd say the P71 was the closest just because of the placement of the curve, but its a far cry. The Sakic has some similarities to the Drury and the P71 has some similarities to the sakic, but there aren't any between the P71 and the drury so it kind've tells your there similar in different ways.

The '05 Bauer Naslund is a Sakic clone. But right now there is no Bauer pattern that is a Sakic, unless you can find a PT3 Vapor, but i dont think those Exist.

The '05 Bauer catalogue does list the Naslund (P92/PT3) for the XX and XXX, but they call it a toe curve and it sure looks a lot like a Shanahan...........

P10 is basically a Shanny clone. It's difficult to tell from pictures in a catologue. Its best to wait till you can see'em in person.