Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
xstartxtodayx

FT4 Pro/CCM One Piece Boot rivet issues?

I tried searching but came up empty... does anyone else have issues with rivets not staying tight on their FT4 pro skates (or any of the one piece CCM skates for that matter?)

A few months ago I picked up a pair of nearly new pro stock FT4 Pro skates, they're awesome and fit my foot like a glove.  The issue I've noticed is after a month or so I found about 4 loose rivets, I brought them to the shop and they tightened a total of 10 between the two skates.  I've skated maybe a dozen times since then and last night I blocked a shot off the ball of my foot and it popped the closest rivet out almost entirely (rear front rivet).  I've maybe had one or two loose rivets in all my years of playing before now (I started skating in the early 90's) so this has worried me a bit.  I'm curious if the one piece boot design makes it harder for the rivets to hold?  Or maybe when these were assembled they used the wrong size rivets?  They do have an upsized holder (271 on a 7.5 skate but this is how they came from CCM since they were custom), not sure if that plays a part.

I have a game tonight so I'll play with one less rivet tonight but I'm wondering if I should have them throw copper ones in this hole (and the other rear holes for the front section)?  I was always under the belief the copper ones held better (but was never sure why they only used them in 2 of the holes).

Anyone else have a similar experience or any insight?