Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
walkerdb7

Supreme vs Vapor - Skating Technique?

20 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

I don’t agree with that. Machs have a ton of flex in the upper and once you go down a level in Bauer you start to get a lot more cheap plastic and poly material throughout the boot. the M5 Pros feel like a toy compared to the top end model. With NHLers you still see some guys in Ultrasonics and 2X Pros etc but they’re probably just using their remaining custom stock on what is still a pro stiff boot. Most are in the new model every year.  The amount of guys still in tech mesh V Cuts or Marleau-esque CCMs/RBKs can be counted on one hand at this point. 

CCM is a different story - their 2nd from the top are excellent. Bauer I wouldn’t touch especially if you’re looking for something to last a long time. 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'm in the CCM camp, but I coach plenty of 16U and 18U AA and AAA  kids who use those "toy" Bauer models and the skates work just fine. They are solid skates. As for the "most are in the new model every year" comment, that's not correct. When the Hyperlite came out, for example, the vast majority of NHL players were still using the 2XPro with Hype graphics. 

On 9/7/2023 at 1:57 PM, clarkiestooth said:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'm in the CCM camp, but I coach plenty of 16U and 18U AA and AAA  kids who use those "toy" Bauer models and the skates work just fine. They are solid skates. As for the "most are in the new model every year" comment, that's not correct. When the Hyperlite came out, for example, the vast majority of NHL players were still using the 2XPro with Hype graphics. 

I think this is much, because what everyone is used to. It's actually quite big step to start using different skate, especially at pro level. Why change something that you have seen to be proper and effective for you? It just has to fit "like a glove" and that the equipments won't be the thing that the player needs to think about or worry.