Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megamandan

Custom Curve on a composite blade?

I tried to make my own custom curve on my old TPS Response (it was a Messier and I tried to make it a Sakic). I used NAP Gas (blowtorch) and I heated it up for about a minute and then tried to curve it with my hand in a glove and then cooled it down with water. It started to crack down the I-Beam so I stoped I got it a little ways but not to far. It lasted about a month and a half that way untill it broke. I like an Inno patter but it's just a bit too open and I want to close it. Is there only certain companies that will work? Or did I do it wrong or was that just the most stupid thing to do?

heating composite blades will just wreck them. if you want to do it with a wood blade, it will work, but with composite, it weakens the material. im suprized it lasted as long as it did

Heating composite blades basically vaporize the foam that makes up the structure inside. I believe Christian also makes custom composite blades.

I believe Christian also makes custom composite blades.

Not according to my rep.

Whoops, Chadd's right. I just took another look at the Christian site and it's only for wood sticks but they can color them for you.