Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
iceman8310

CCM XF Pro Shin Guard

Height - 6'3"

Weight - 240 lbs

Pad size - 15 inch 

Level of play: B/C Level 

Fit - 10/10

I was looking for a pad that wasn’t as bulky as the old reeboks and jofa pads.   In the past I’ve used the Supreme One90 shin guard and the Nexus 8000 shin guard.  I was looking for a pad that was in between both those fit profiles and the xf pro fit that criteria for me   My leg fits properly in the shin channel and does move around a all when strapped   I don’t wear shin tape either so these fit my socks very well   If you don’t have skinny legs these are the pads for you 

Protection: 10/10

The XF Pro shin is a tank . The plastic and padding is perfect, for pucks coming straight on. I have taken a few ice pucks (hard shots) straight on and did not feel anything.   

Durability - 10/10

After about 10 ice sessions there’s no signs of wear and no signs of scratches   I love the fit and finish of these pads.   Over the next few months I will really put them through their paces   

Intangibles 10/10

Everything in the XF pro shin pad has been thought out.  The improved strapping system has been thought out and add a new level of customization for the player.  You are able to move the pads to fit you needs easier then ever  

Conclusion

The XF Pro Shin guard is the ultimate choice for an elite player looking for maximum projection and maximum function.  From top to bottom, the XF pro has elite level protection with an abdominal fit to give the player the edge   

Overall score - 50/50