Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrMolotov

Question for those in Atlanta or Georgia

I was just wondering how the case played down there. In this day and age it is a rare thing that the family of the victim would show so much support for the person who caused the death of their loved one. If I was in those shoes I'd probably scream for blood...just curious

This is not a Atlanta only question but since I live in Atlanta and I'm from Canada, I can put this in perspective for you...

Snyders are Canadian and in Canada the mentality is different, you're raised to understand that shit happens, they know that if the roles where reversed, there sun could you been in the same situation... Heatley is a young kid that was lucky enought to have the ability to buy a sports car like A Ferrari and speed down Lenox Boulevard.... Now with immaturity and a heavy foot shit happens... nothing that anyone at that age would not do, they also know that there sun was not objecting to the speed and would of done the same thing...

Now the american was tought that if someone has money, someone has to pay...

I'm sure they understand it the same way and would of made sure his ass was not in jail by showing support but when it was all said and done, they would sue his skinny ass for lots of cash cause he got it like that... the call it compensation in the US, money talks!

The Snyders understand that, he did not stick a gun to there suns head, dam he almost died his dam self, he was not drinking, it was two boys being boys.....

Now what upsets me is that Mofo got off with nothing, if I would of killed someone in Georgia cause I was speeding in my Honda, I would go to Jail and would be deported back to Canada and removed entry to the US, be fined etc...

And the familly of the person I killed would not sue cause I'm broke... IE not sueable...

In the US, if you got cash you can get away with murder... ask OJ, he one in Criminal court but he lost a 30 Million $ law suit aginst him... So is he guilty? :angry:

this being said, I would beleive that you are a US cityzen... am I wrong?

By the way, people in Atlanta don't even know this happend for the most part, if you don't play for the Falcons, the Braves or any Georgia NCAA team, you don't make the news for killing someone here, WTF is Danny Heatley, that shit made more noise in Canada... :lol:

I would be willing to be anything that if you could sue for "pain and suffering" people would take advantage of it as well. Welcome to how humanity is bad.

I don't think he did anything wrong, I think that an accident is exactly that, murder is when you take someones life away intentionally, I'm sure he did not mean to kill his Ferrari and break his neck just to kill his teammate...

But if they vue it as murder, he should be in jail....

Most americans are just waithing for someone to trip up so they can try to get ritch...

....but the manslaughter chage...?

I honestly don't mind what he got because If I killed my best friend then I know no amount of jail time would even compare to the suffering I would put myself through. This is of course assuming Heatley is an honourable and sorry for what he did, which I think he is.

inferno, you are a fool if you honestly believe that. You only hear of the sensationalized stories. People everywhere would do the exact same thing in any situation if the laws allowed them to. I won't talk bad about other nations or their people, and I would hope that others would at least consider the same thing.

I think the ruling is pretty fair. If heatley had some way injured or killed someone outside of the car I think the penalties would have been stiffer. I applaud the Judge in coming up with what I would call creative punishment that fits the crime. I'm sure he's remorseful and having to give speeches about how your killed your best friend will hopefully impact thousands if not millions of new drivers.

inferno i thik you need to go back to school and learn how to spell, ive read your graf thread and if i were in justin's shoe i would of laughed at you

I'm pretty sure English isn't his first language.

I agree when you say it was a creative punishment, but I can't agree with calling it "fair."

Why isn't it fair? They have taken measures to make sure he doesn't do this again through the sanctions on his cars and through driving restrictions. It was a first offense if I'm not mistaken and the victims family asked for leniency, actually they asked for the charges to be dropped. I don't see how dropping the judicial hammer on him makes it any better.

It depends how you look at it. In Heatley's case, you bring good points with all you have said and all the restrictions. We all know he has learned his lesson, and jail probably wouldn't do anything for him. But then when you see the big picture, he has killed someone. Its just hard to swallow.

I think if he posed a threat to anyone else, mainly if this was a pattern of behavior I think the sentancing would have been more strict but given that it was, we hope, a one time occurance I think it's OK. You gotta feel for the guy he's got to live with it for the rest of his life.

inferno i thik you need to go back to school and learn how to spell, ive read your graf thread and if i were in justin's shoe i would of laughed at you

actually it is, lol. :D

How would you know dip shit, Tu ne me connais meme pas...

Most americans are just waithing for someone to trip up so they can try to get ritch...

This coming from the guy that threatened to sue Graf! Ha! How is that lawsuit coming???

Graf Lawsuit Threat

Well is your so smart, what would you have done? theres a big difference between using the law to protect your rights...

As a consumer, i'm allowed to get what I paid fore.... (thats my right)

Now in the state of Georgia, I can't rent Ice time because people in the past sued rinks because they broke their necks out there... (That my friend is abuse)

That women who sued Mc Donald cause the coffee was to hot is abuse!

The other guy who sued Mc Donalds because there food made then fat is abuse!

And that my friend is the American way, not bashing the US just stating the facts...

Can't handle reality, tune out cause if you wake up you will realize that its all around you...

How would you know dip shit, Tu ne me connais meme pas...

relax there buddy, i edited my post. but that doesnt change my opinion. why you calling me a dipshit. thats uncalled for, i think youre a little sensitive about what people say on the intenet if we were in person you wouldnt talk like that.