Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsimic23

CCM Vector pf-s

My son has the PF8s (for about a month now), and he really likes them. They are relatively light and have a comfortable feel to them. On the down side, the boot is very stiff and he doesn't like the lace lock mechanism. Good purchase so far.

I also have the PF8's which I think is the best value in the 2005 PF line. For the extra 40 bucks or so over the PF6 you get much better wheels(Hornets over Hot Shots) and the "CCM Fit System" which I think are a few things here and there built into the boot for extra comfort.

Like Puckfiction said the skates "are relatively light" not nearly as light as the new Missions or the PF10's for that matter. But they arent clunkers either.

Comfort wise the skates are great after a 1 or 2 skates on them. Although I did bake mine because there were a few parts my boney feet were'nt getting along with. The boot is more on the stiff side, but it gets alittle more flexy once you skate on them a few times.

The Hornet wheels that come with them are great. I usally swap out the stock wheels on almost all the skates that I get and replace them with a better wheel(Dyanstys), but the Horents really impressed me.

If there are an problems with them it would be these two things. First CCM went a weird direction with wheels setups and now use a 80mm in back, two 76mm's in the middle position and a 72mm in the front, it does feel exactally like the HI-LO, but swapping wheels between skates wont be as easy anymore.

The second gripe would be the "Lace Lock System" which is a little clip like thing. It sits 3 or 4 eyelets down from the top of the boot (right over the heel). I Love this thing and hate it at the same time. What it does is allow you to tighten the bottom part of the skate and then lock that tightness into the bottom, and you are now free to adjust the upper laces to a different tightness, keeping the upper and lower parts of the laces at different tightnesses. Thats the part I love, since I keep my skates very tight on the bottom and loose at the top. The harder part is actually getting the little clip that holds the laces to open so I can get my feet out of the skates! I now carry a little knife in my bag so I can stick it under there and pry it open. You can always just skip it though when lacing the skates.

All in all I am very happy with my Vectors. And would deffinatley recommend them!

You guys don't like the lace lock? I love it on my Vector Pro ice skates. To undo it, you just need to pull the laces down and out and they seem to pop open without any problems. I have seen one come off, but they're mounted using the same size screws as helmets, so it's easy to get a new screw to put them back on.

On another note, how do you guys find the foot protection? I haven't seen the PF8's or 10's, but the 6's seemed a bit thin compared to the old Externo Cages that they replaced. Yes, they are a lot lighter, but I've noticed even on my Vector Pro ice skates that there isn't as much protection down the side of the boot as on my old E-40's or my Maverick inlines.

You guys don't like the lace lock? I love it on my Vector Pro ice skates. To undo it, you just need to pull the laces down and out and they seem to pop open without any problems. I have seen one come off, but they're mounted using the same size screws as helmets, so it's easy to get a new screw to put them back on.

On another note, how do you guys find the foot protection? I haven't seen the PF8's or 10's, but the 6's seemed a bit thin compared to the old Externo Cages that they replaced. Yes, they are a lot lighter, but I've noticed even on my Vector Pro ice skates that there isn't as much protection down the side of the boot as on my old E-40's or my Maverick inlines.

No I really do like the Lace Lock, and I tried what you just said it it worked fine. No more pocket knife! Thanks