Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Bauer 8000 Shin Pads

Protection

These are a heavier bulky pad, still seemed to get bruises through all the bulkiness/padding tho. There are calf wraps but even the slightess slash by a stick would still hurt. 5/10

Fit/Comfort

No break in needed, but like I said above they are quite big/bulky, and I'm not a petite female at all. They fit nicely over my skate with max. comfort just very think padding/plastic. 7/10

Quality/Durability

Every game I take out the removable liner and after a few months the material inside the padding was falling apart into little pieces. You can't wash the liners as this makes the peices worse. Eventually Bauer sent me a new replacement pair. And 2 weeks later the strap that is sewn onto the pad is falling apart. I will now just suck it up and sew it myself, and get a different pair soon. No sense getting another pair of these, obviously the quality is not there. 4/10

Conclusion

These pads are good for any level of hockey but only when you can get them in about 2 years when they are on clearance for 30 bucks. I would not pay more than $50 CDN for them. They look nice, but that's about all I can say that's nice about them. 6/10

I've gotta disagree about the 8000s

Protection: Playing AAA hockey, these have yet to let me down in the 5 or so months I have used them. They are pretty thick pads which some don't like, but I don't mind it at all. Though the calf protection pad doesn't stay very tight, It does the job quite comfortably(I use clear tape anyway, so I don't mind the looseness) I've used all the calf protectors and a slash is gonna hurt there no matter what.

8/10

Fit/Comfort

They have decent cushion and don't bother me on the ice at all. The only time I felt they were too bulky was when I was taking a knee on the ice. They felt 'tall' i guess I'd say. When skating, they didn't get in the way at all though. A feature I really liked was the pad on the top strap that keeps the elastic from digging into the leg.

8/10

Durability

Like I said before, i've used these for around 5 months playing 4+ times a week and they've taken a fair amount of hard shots(d-man here). No signs of the plastic cracking at all and the inner liner has held up just fine. A thread unraveling here and there, but big deal.

9/10

Conclution:

I was very happy with these pads. They never let me down and allowed me to play to my ability without getting hurt which is what is important to me. I have no real complaints with them. Oh and like said above they look nice. :rolleyes:

8.5/10