Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam91

Road Hockey Sticks

I live in BC so I play road hockey pretty much year round and I go through sticks about every two weeks. I ve tried plastic blades and regular wood hockey sticks. Any ideas?

Thanks

Easton Z-ABS blades are great, IF you can skate on a 6 lie, which I cant, so I go through them about every month or so in the summer/fall. But I have friends who like the 6 lie and the blades last almost all summer/fall for them. Koho blades are very durable too. Cant say anything for CCM, but I plan to try them. Stay away from TPS ABS blades.

I use the Koho ABS blades (usually a Jagr curve). If you keep your eye on the store shelves, you can usually pick them up on sale for less than $15 Cdn, so I stock up when I can - 3 or 4 at a time. The durability is good as well, so for me they're a good choice. They suit my game (wrist and snap shots, few slappers) and they're readily available even here on Vancouver Island.

Just about any store that sells hockey gear should have them. I usually look in Sport Check first - they have them on sale most often and have a good selection of other blades (buy one, get 50% off the second blade), but sometimes Canadian Tire has them for a good price as well.