Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam91

OHL draft

I was under the impression they had a $50 a week "pay" cap, but the "expenses" could go up about double.

As for the pay I don't know in the OHL but in the WHL, I'm not sure about 16 yr. olds but 17s get $180 a month plus $40 for gas if you drive, 18s get $200 per month, 19s $240 per month and 20s $600 per month.

Sherwood - I don't know it its a "bust", but anything less than a PPG means the league made a mistake in my opinion. Of the two you listed, only the one who averaged a PPG in his "underage year" has amounted to anything. Not saying this kid needs to dominate in his first year to be a good hockey player and go onto a productive year in the NHL, but I am saying they shouldn't allow 14 year olds who aren't capable of being the cream of the crop at the OHL level in. Or any league in the CHL even. I know the Dub lets younger guys in, but I still don't agree with it. I am looking over the draft year and 12 kids were drafted from the Hamilton area. The majority of these kids couldn't crack the Junior C "all-star team". They are still in awe of some of my friends when we play street hockey. Do you really want to see these guys playing against future NHL stars? We had a kid go top 10 a year or so back, and I still don't believe he is in the top 20 D in the city, under the age of 20. Everything should be moved back. But I am getting off target here. For Travares, I hope he does well, but he needs to justify the league letting him in as an underager.

Pats- Those numbers seem about right. I am not completely sure, but they are in the ballpark of teh numbers I've heard.

The CHL is just looking for the next Crosby. Sid's going to be in the NHL or elsewhere next year and they are just looking for the next phenom.

Sherwood - I don't know it its a "bust", but anything less than a PPG means the league made a mistake in my opinion. Of the two you listed, only the one who averaged a PPG in his "underage year" has amounted to anything. Not saying this kid needs to dominate in his first year to be a good hockey player and go onto a productive year in the NHL, but I am saying they shouldn't allow 14 year olds who aren't capable of being the cream of the crop at the OHL level in. Or any league in the CHL even. I know the Dub lets younger guys in, but I still don't agree with it. I am looking over the draft year and 12 kids were drafted from the Hamilton area. The majority of these kids couldn't crack the Junior C "all-star team". They are still in awe of some of my friends when we play street hockey. Do you really want to see these guys playing against future NHL stars? We had a kid go top 10 a year or so back, and I still don't believe he is in the top 20 D in the city, under the age of 20. Everything should be moved back. But I am getting off target here. For Travares, I hope he does well, but he needs to justify the league letting him in as an underager.

Pats- Those numbers seem about right. I am not completely sure, but they are in the ballpark of teh numbers I've heard.

You wrote down exactly what I was thinking. I think that if he is having any obvious troubles, mentally or physically then they should let him go home at play Jr. Regardless of his age, if he is deemed as a special player, then he should be playing like one, no exceptions.

I listed the two players to show you that this thing could go either ways, hopefully he goes the Spezza route.

In the dub, I've found that the draft is fairly accurate. I was talking to a scout the other day and he said honestly, that the Bantam draft means next to nothing. If a player develops later than guys who are 14-15, why should he never go anywhere in hockey? He said basically that it was just a parade for the top young players. Most of the guys that I know who were drafted are still very good players, hell the 2nd last player drafted this year ran my show when we played.

I once again agree, if he isn't showing that he's a special player, no matter what his age is, let him go back and he will develop as a great player, at a slower rate. I really though forsee no reason why he won't be a solid player next year, he dominates 1989's who will be OHL ready next year.

The CHL is just looking for the next Crosby. Sid's going to be in the NHL or elsewhere next year and they are just looking for the next phenom.

A but i heard a couple anayllist say that john travares is just good not phoenominal like crosby

A but i heard a couple anayllist say that john travares is just good not phoenominal like crosby

If the kid is good and not the next phenom, they shouldn't have done it.