Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mykidzagoalie

what pads should I buy for a 9 yrs old?

I have a 9 yrs old that will be 10 for next hockey season,he needs a new equipement come next August,we have already tried on a pair of 29" rbk I found that the pad was a little big by about an inch in the knee roll and were to wide at 11" he still found them comfortable,the other I want to try is the reebok junior 27" , 10" wide, I don't want to spend a fortune as I have to get most of the equipement but I want something good to prevent injuries.

Thank in advance for the responses

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
I have a 9 yrs old that will be 10 for next hockey season,he needs a new equipement come next August,we have already tried on a pair of 29" rbk I found that the pad was a little big by about an inch in the knee roll and were to wide at 11" he still found them comfortable,the other I want to try is the reebok junior 27" , 10" wide, I don't want to spend a fortune as I have to get most of the equipement but I want something good to prevent injuries.

Thank in advance for the responses

DR 5.2 series pad. Retail on these is approximately $220 USD.

26", 28", 30" all come in a 10" width. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better made and functional product at this price.

Not sure where you are located, however, I know that Players Bench in Arizona, Colorado and Texas stock these.

Hey Prenny, any of your guys that you can suggest?

Great pads, we sold two sets in the last couple months. In fact our part time guy just ordered a pair, as did one of the guys that works at the rink. Great features for the price.

If money was the issue I would've bought my kid some used Bauer Reactors. Kids at that age grow fast and usually don't put much wear and tear into the gear. How are the RBK pads?

i gotta say vaughn legacy pads, not to thing. good stabilty control in there newer models and also the inner knee padding to prevent the knee from slamming to the ice. i like how there thing which is better for lil guys, velocities would be way too wide