Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedorov91

Broke my Leg :(

In my roller hockey game last week we were playing a team that liked to play pretty rough/dirty. They really didn't like me because my style of play involves lots of stickhandling and doing moves. So they were after me all night, esp. these two guys who were hacking me all game, they were bigger guys probably like 6 feet tall 200+ lbs or so. At one point the guy slashed me so hard that when I got to the bench my hand was bleeding through my glove. I was pissed, but Im used to people targeting me, so whatever, I just went out there and kept doing my thing...

Well about halfway through the game I come down 1 on 2 on the 2 guys (the ones who really didnt like me I think) and I make a move between both of them and they trip me, I fall, and I swear this was intentional... but right after I fell the guy literally "jumps" on top of me and lands right on my leg. It wasn't like him just losing balance and falling on me but I could actually see him getting ready to jump on top of me like some WWF wrestling move.

While I was on the ground I still had the puck and managed to toe drag around the other guy and still get off a good shot, didnt score, but still a nice shot nonetheless lol, everyone was like "ooooh!" Then when I tried to get up I realized how much pain I was in and I skated over to the bench on one foot because I couldn't put any weight on it.

Oh, and I guess that these guys were all from the same fraternity because they had their jerseys with the Greek symbols on the front, Alpha Sigma Delta something... whatever...

and a whole bunch of guys from their frat were in the stands filling up several rows all wearing matching shirts and sweatshirts. They were just talking sh*t and being loud all game. I wear this blue Superman jersey with a big S on the front so that also attracts a lot of attention. The guys in the stands were saying stuff like "Ooooh its Superman, blah blah" and then when I got hurt they were all like "Ooohh Superman found his Kryptonite!"

my girlfriend was sitting a few rows ahead of them, she turned around and was like "what did you just say!? :angry: " then some of the stupid frat guys got all soft and were like "oooh Im sorry is that your boyfriend blah blah" and they tried hitting on her and giving her candy and sh*t, lol :rolleyes:

The next day I went to the doctor and sure enough, it's broken. It's my fibula, the X-Ray showed the crack down by my ankle and it goes up a bit. So now I'm in a cast and crutches for the next 8-12 weeks. :(

No Hockey for the next 2-3 months... It's going to be depressing. I'm pissed because I had finally started going to the gym on a regular basis and working out and was also working on my skills, and now this happens. I'm also really pissed because this was just some stupid Roller Hockey league that I don't really take seriously, I just do it for fun... I guess they take it more seriously.

Anyway though, sorry I just felt like babbling. I thought the Superman story was kind of funny but yeah... I'm f'ing pissed and not being able to play hockey is going to suck...

Take the matter up with the school's governing fraternity council. They take matters like this seriously, since it obviously impugnes fraternity reputation. If there is no local fraternity council, take it up with the national chapter. They will get to the bottom of this. It would be reasonable to expect the offending member or fraternity to cover the medical expenses and appologize. A frat can lose its charter for grievous offenses.

Fraternities are great vehicles for men to learn leadership and social skills. But there could be the odd dicipline problem that needs to be handled.

Fraternities are great vehicles for men to learn leadership and social skills. But there could be the odd dicipline problem that needs to be handled.

Really? I always thought that they were just an excuse to get drunk and throw parties without enough alcohol for anyone but the frat boys/women.

No, there are all sorts of fraternities. Some immerse students in languages, some are geared toward community service. Most are there to provide a blend of community service, socialization for the college men, and study help, and entertainment.

Fraternities have to, quite independently, recruit members, balance budgets/finances, purchase food/supplies, hire cooks, provide work parties to keep the house clean, plan/advertise/hold parties under strict legal guidelines, field itramural sports teams, etc. The fraternity officers (students) get a lot of real world experience out of this, and friends for life. I am going to a reunion this summer at the Newport Jazz festival with around 20 of my classmates from the days of yore! I would recommend it to college men of today.

Fedo this is my first post but I feel your pain.I had my ACL snapped 2 years ago and had to undergo a replacement. I was out for 9 months.This to happened while playing roller. I had not played roller for a few years and we decided to get the old team back together to have some fun.We used to go to a lot of tournaments when I was younger(ST.Louis,Vegas,Orlando) what a great time.But any way I was playing just for fun and to get a little more cardio. cus I`m 35 and need to keep in better shape now and then wham,I`m out for 9 months. All I can say is they call me Wheels because I`m a good skater. I can honestly say after the surgery I have not lost a step. Good Luck on your recovery!

Thanks guys. I have gone to watch some of my friends games and man is it depressing... I want to be out there so bad.

One thing I didn't really think about when it first happened was how much muscle I'm going to lose. When I went back to see the doctor he said that you start losing muscle by the 3rd day... I'm going to be in this thing for almost 3 months!!! :(

Now I'm worried that I'm going to have a good, strong right leg and a skinny, toothpick left leg :rolleyes:

I need to learn some more about this and I'm sure they'll have some kind of physical therapy, but once I get out of this thing I hope I don't have to wait forever to get back on the ice. I think that I'll take it easy the first week or two. Maybe do some light running and skating and eventually do some leg workouts.

Any advice?

Once you get out of the cast/brace/whatever, get in the pool. Low impact. Start with a kickboard, do a bunch of lenghts of the pool, stuff like that. Plus it's great for cardio.