Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shorthanded67

Making the wheel switch (Labeda to RinkRat)

Wow the 1st post in the MSH Roller Hockey Forum...I guess dgaronzik and myself will be roommates here where Buzz can come and scorn us...

Well as many people, I've finally made the switch. I invested (yes I'd call it an investment) in a set of Rink Rat Hornet wheels. Without going into an in-depth review here I've got to say I'm hooked. I've skated about 10 times in the last week or so on them including a Topcat Tourney. The starts and stops are simply amazing. These things are LOUD when you powerstop. I feel like I have way more control on my edges than on my Labeda Milleniums and Grippers (never tried Dynastys).

I guess the true test will be what the wheels look like in about a month or so. Normally I get 4 weeks out of Labedas before cracking occurs and the surface becomes worn down. We shall see....

Im going to wait another week or two and then do a full review of my hot shots. I'll have had them for 2 months at that point, playing 2-3 times a week.

I was going to post the first topic in here, but then I realized it was all ice people lol. Glad Im not the only one right now :)

Don't forget about me, I do both. Of course I's prefer to play ice all the time but I'll take what I can get in Pensacola, FL.

Guest 2048

I play roller as well, granted it's only in the school yard (nice asphalt court though), but until this winter I was playing it more often than ice. Then I found this nice little free outdoor ice rink and that changed. I'm half decent at roller actually, but I prefer ice.

same exact case with me, I got really good at ice in college and then stopped playing. Right now I play better hockey then I have ever have. And for some reason Im much more confident in playing.

I had the old hotshots, they were awsome, but the price was a little prohibitive, even though I work in a store. I got the new hotshots and I love them. They were almost half the price and seem to out perform my old ones. I dont know how rink rat did it, but I hope they keep it up!

Guys,

Give Factory wheels a try...I really like them...

Justin

Pretty sure those are the next wheels I try. Might be another few months at the rate my rink rats are going but i'll try them at some point :)

My wheels have been pretty solid in performance and shoddy in durability (Dynasty, Gripper Lite, Gripper Lite, Dynasty). I'm thinking about going to 2 regular grippers with Horets for the toe wheels; do they make that mch of a difference for everything else, warranting 4 or even 8 of them, cuz I really just need a little help on my toe push of my stride...?

I'm actually hoping my dynastys crap out soon so I can convince myself to buy the rink rats. If they are better than the dynastys then I can't wait to try them. I use soft dynasty's. Quick starts and super quick stops, which is nice since I play defense most of the time. I have had my dynasties for about 2 months now playing on them twice a week, and they are still going strong.

Guys,

Give Factory wheels a try...I really like them...

Justin

Which ones do you recommend - Z-Rated or Halos?

Which ones do you recommend - Z-Rated or Halos?

Ive heard good things about the Halo's and those will problably be the next wheels I try.

I played a lot of ice and inline hockey, but my arthritis keeps me off the rink now most of the time...so I live the sport vicariously through my son..his Hornets are about 2 and a half months old, and if anything they are better now than when new...no chunking at all. He is religious about using them only on sport court however. His reaction to his new Hornets.."like having an edge on ice skates".

He tore up his Dynasties during the first usage on sport court. He is very hard on wheels.