Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Thompson94

NHL players in Graf

Why do you get so heated when someone disagrees with you? Don't put words in my mouth, please. The video in this thread and the video you posted don't show anything about the capabilities of the product in question relative to the others on the market. That's fine, they weren't made as marketing material, but don't try to hold them up as an example of the strengths of the product. A video of a guy doing a backflip on an Arctic Cat snowmobile is a cool video, but it doesn't tell you anything about Arctic Cat snowmobiles relative to other snowmobiles. My issue is not the videos, my issue is with holding up the video as evidence of a superior product or drawing conclusions from the video that aren't supported by the video. There is nothing in that video that tells me why Graf skates are better than any other skate, and yet some people are holding it up as an example of why Grafs are the greatest. It's a logical fallacy.

Well if you skate off your hips with the new technology you wont be able to tell the difference but if you grew up with the old technology and then noticed the loss of lateral flex. You would understand what Im saying. Oh and Im not trying to market the grafs or anything. I mean lots of the older leather skates performed similarily. The disadvantage of those older styler skates was in the speed in which they broke down and that could be very fast. the newer grafs now with the textalite outsole and composite quarters are soft but they arent that soft. For me that would be the perfect balance

To each there own I skated a long long time and I know i cannot skate as well and play my type of game in an X60 or any of these other high end fully composite skates and trust me I have tried to make them work with custom profiling unlocking laces, heal lifts etc. I hope I havent offended anyone as it is clear to see there are many great fast super skaters in the NHL that use most of the fully composite skates. I mean seriously what the hell do I know. I just know I had a hard time adjusting and never could get that feel that I had developed for so many years in those skates. I guess ultimately i wish i could have cause i do love the durability