Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ntwusc

AX Suede Palms

I've had a hard time finding reviews of gloves with these palms, so I'm wondering if anyone with Makos/M5's or RS II's can speak to their durability. I've liked the Mako and M5 palms when trying them on, but nothing else about the gloves. Ditto the RSII. Now with the APX2 models coming out with AX Suede palms, I'm wondering if I should give those a shot or keep looking for pro stocks with digital palms.

BAUER uses a different material than Easton. AX Suede is a brand from a material supplier and has multiple options for companies to choose from. AX Suede Quattro is new to the hockey market and is exclusive to BAUER. I am not sure what Easton uses from AX Suede but it's hard to drive direct comparisons becuase they are different materials and have different properties.

BAUER uses a different material than Easton. AX Suede is a brand from a material supplier and has multiple options for companies to choose from. AX Suede Quattro is new to the hockey market and is exclusive to BAUER. I am not sure what Easton uses from AX Suede but it's hard to drive direct comparisons becuase they are different materials and have different properties.

How does AX Suede Quattro compare to the digital nash used on the X:60 Pro gloves, specifically the thickness?

I have both the Easton Mako's and M5 gloves. I have had the Mako's longer around 6 months. Using these 3-4 times a week for games and stick and puck. The palm (AX Suede) took a bit to break in, but when they did, they provide excellent feel. The palm has been very durable, no holes and no degradation on top hand at all as of yet. The white palm has plenty of black on them from tape and Taki-Mac grip I use on various sticks. They have held up very well IMO.

I've had the M5's only a month. I bought them because they are slightly lighter than Mako's and still have adequate protection. I really like this type of Palm. I know it's all personal preference on palms, but these are my favorite and I'm looking forward to trying Bauer's version of AX. Suede.