Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wc19

Shipping to Australia

Hey guys, was wondering have any experience in shipping their hockey equipment to Sydney, Australia from Canada? I looked at the rates from Fedex and UPS and got rates up to 1600. Anybody done this and found an alternative and cheaper method? Thanks

Depends on what you want shipped. I've had some success with USPS in the past.

Pretty much all of my gear and 2 twigs.

Yes, forget UPS FEDEX PURO, their prices do not make sense in Canada....use only Canada Post, because USPS does not exist in Canada.

Actually with Canada post it was cheaper, but still around $1000.

Thanks guys, I think I might just suck it up and buy a used set here. My cousin is coming to visit in a few weeks so I might ask him to bring my skates and helmet with him. He's bringing his less than one year old kid with him not sure if he would want to be carrying so much stuff at the airport.

i'm from toronto originally and now live in adeliade. if you have a relative coming for a visit the easiest way is to get them to bring the hockey bag as "sports equipment" (free with qantas frlights). as you get one allocated per person and then either buy new sticks online and split shipping with someone or do the same with say a ski bag.

another option may be bongo. I've never used it but a few of the Canadian guys on my team here have used it to ship skates and sticks.

With the number of times people post about prices and shipping to Australia, it could make one think it was a huge market.

Thanks for the response guys, my cousin is coming to visit soon but won't be able to bring the bag just my helmet and skates. Will probably have to end up ordering something online. Cheers!

Australia post has just launched a freight forwarding service in the US called "Shopmate", so you can buy from Hockeymonkey and have it shipped to Australia.

There a lot better forwarding companies then Australia Post!

BongoUS

MyUS

ShipItTo

FordwardIt

MyUSA

HopShopGo

Just to name a few