Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snipes4u

New LS2 steel

Hey guys. I was doing some reading and came across a discussion where they said bauer released two different types of ls2 steel. The original had a lower grade and the newest one is a higher grade. I.e they use the same steel as the ls3. Now I know all the steel that fit on the tuuk edge system have this higher grade steel, but my question is how can I tell if the ls2 steel is from the newer batches with the higher grade steel that fit the ls2 light speed holder?

The steel quality is the same. The newer LS2 just has a more polished finish.

Confirmed. LS2 and LS3 also use the same steel. They just vary in height (16.5mm vs 19.5mm) and radius, 9ft vs. 10ft.

Does the higher polish allow the new runner to hold an edge longer or than the older LS2, or is that total BS and it just looks nicer?

The jury is still out on that one. Theoretically it does, but studies are ongoing as to how much.

Duff,

How will the new LS4 steel compare with the LS2...other than appearance, will there be much difference that the average consumer would notice?

Duff,

How will the new LS4 steel compare with the LS2...other than appearance, will there be much difference that the average consumer would notice?

I know you asked duff, but I believe LS4 will be 3mm higher with a 10ft radius

LS2= "normal" steal hight 9ft radius

LS3= 3mm taller 10ft radius

LS4= 3mm taller 10ft radius - Higher steal grade from LS3

EDIT: I just checked the bauer catalog its also a 10ft radius. Looks like a higher grade of steel from the LS3