Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Campoli

Proper Shin Guard Fit

Hey guys, well I have been to a few LHS's and I have been told I am a size 14" AND 15" shin guard lol. I am 5'9 and 170lbs.

I will likely tuck the skate tongue under, but still undecided. How long should the shin guard be for a beginner/recreational player? Some say the bottom should just meet the top of the skate boot where others say it should go below the boot.

The photo below is a Vapor guard in a size 14, which lines up exactly to my mid-knee cap. Does this look like the correct fit or too small?

While on the subject, I am not too crazy about the x60 fit around the calves. Can anyone recommend a narrow/slim guard?

2m7emj7.jpg

Thanks all!

If you are going to be tucking the skate tongue under the shin pad then you can go longer if you want for a little more protection over the top few eyelets.

If you are going to be tucking the skate tongue under the shin pad then you can go longer if you want for a little more protection over the top few eyelets.

Thanks for your reply. Would going longer at all get in the way of the skating stride or push up on the guard?

That looks like a perfect fit if you will go shin under tongue..go with 15 if you will have the shin over. We are about the same height..and I always go with 14 since I do shin under. For slim shin guard, Id recommend ccm rbz line, for me it's pretty low profile shin guard.

That looks like a perfect fit if you will go shin under tongue..go with 15 if you will have the shin over. We are about the same height..and I always go with 14 since I do shin under. For slim shin guard, Id recommend ccm rbz line, for me it's pretty low profile shin guard.

I thought similarly. It looks like a great height to go under the tongue, but I'd go a little longer if going over the tongue. As long as it doesn't affect your movement you should be fine.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I went back to the LHS to try on a few more brands and sizes. I ended up with the CCM U+ 12's in a 14. SIde by side they are nearly an inch longer than the Vapors, have a narrow profile and very light. I hope they work out.