Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty22

Athletic Knit (AK) Jersey sizing question

I need to order new jerseys for next year for my son. Our organization uses AK jerseys. The sizing chart on AK's site indicates the Youth XL is slightly larger in the chest than the Sr small. 42"-44" v 41"-43". Can anyone confirm this is truly the case, and how the length of each of these sizes run as well? He's 4' 2 about 85 lbs. With pads the Youth Large is tight. I'd like to get two seasons out of these. It doesn't appear there will be an opportunity to try on any samples prior to ordering. Any help is appreciated.

i do know that the AK mens small jersey runs small.

my son is 5"3 and his current AK game jersey is a men's small, that is too small for him.

The sizing that you've provided, Monty, is accurate according to my catalog.

The advantage of going up in size to adult is that you're going to get longer sleeves and longer body.

If your son is growing taller, I'd probably suggest going with an Adult small. They run smaller than other brands typically, as mentioned.

In my experience w/ AK every jersey style cut is sized a bit differently. Try and get in touch w/ AK and ask about the specific jersey set. YMMV

New AK Jersey question:   Anybody have a XXL in the H7500 Select ( they all look like color variations of the New Jersey Devils template) series?   We are ordering a new set for men's league  and  am trying to nail down the actual sizing.   Pit to pit measurement would be extremely helpful. Thanks

3 hours ago, Monty22 said:

New AK Jersey question:   Anybody have a XXL in the H7500 Select ( they all look like color variations of the New Jersey Devils template) series?   We are ordering a new set for men's league  and  am trying to nail down the actual sizing.   Pit to pit measurement would be extremely helpful. Thanks

I don't have any H7500 Select Jerseys, but I have 4 XXL AK jerseys from the "Pro" Series.  Don't know if this is helpful or not, but armpit to armpit measurements below:

Team template Armpit
H550B OTT735B Ottawa 28.5"
H550B SAN466B Sharks Teal 28"
H550A SAN637A Sharks white (retro) 27"
H550B SAN633B Sharks black (retro) 27.5"

The Ottawa template jersey is huge.

This is a Large AK H7500 the pit to pit is 25".

For comparison the next pic is an old school CCM XL.

6lrvBjXpdjgJRRHtXbU13RI5SmrmVrCV0Z3lAMH-

9rZr_gYmrxQNpASQltpE_hXE-wR8urYHp5rcFTjG

4 hours ago, Monty22 said:

Just to update for posterity- Emailed AK and a rep was kind enough to take some measurements of the H7500 jerseys.

Large was approx 25”(inches) across the chest from seam to seam

XL was approx 27”  across the chest from seam to seam

XXL was approx 29”  across the chest from seam to seam