Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nealoc187

Does anyone have pictures of recent Harrow #4 and #5 blade patterns?

As the title states. On the fence about ordering my first harrow blades, but I'd like to see actual pictures of recent #4 and #5 blades (as well as #2 if anyone happens to have a pic). Reebok Datsyuk is what I like, and Harrow equates that to #4, but the only picture I've seen of a Harrow #4 is like 2 years old, and the toe is definitely not the same as the Datsyuk P38 I currently have.

The Harrow P5 seems to most closely resemble my beloved Heatley curve. Thoughts? I'd like to get a tapered blade for my EQ50 in a similar pattern to Heatley, and the closest I've found in any brand is the Iginla.

Yes, the #5 is very similar to Heatley and Iggy. We sold a ton of them at my old shop, it was very popular with guys using those curves.

I know its been talked about but are those harrow blades have good feeling and durable? I am having issue with my dynasty warrior durability blades.

I've been using my harrow blade for almost a year now and have no problem with durability I take a lot of slap shots I just can't seem to kill the blade. It stood up better then my Totalone did.

Update and comparison pictures.

I ended up getting the Harrow 4 blade (supposed to be a datsyuk clone) after seeing the pics in this thread. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't quite play like the datsyuk blade does for me. The blade itself is top notch quality, super stiff and fits great in the shaft, feel is good and is on the pingy side which I like. There is something about shooting with this curve that I just can't get used to. I took some pics next to a well used Datsyuk 11K that I hope will show some of the slight differences. It appears that the Harrow has a bit more loft especially at the toe, that there is a little bit more of a toe curve to it, and the blade is certainly longer than my Datsyuk 11k, and there is a slight lie difference.

Again this is not a knock against Harrow... just something about the shape of this particular pattern and my shot mechanics do not work. So if anyone is interested in a harrow #4 blade with only 5 warmups worth of use, let me know lol.

IMG_20120707_154015.jpg

IMG_20120707_154047.jpg

IMG_20120707_154100.jpg

IMG_20120707_154241.jpg

IMG_20120707_153842.jpg

IMG_20120707_154006.jpg

IMG_20120707_154410.jpg

IMG_20120707_153909.jpg

Update and comparison pictures.

I ended up getting the Harrow 4 blade (supposed to be a datsyuk clone) after seeing the pics in this thread. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't quite play like the datsyuk blade does for me. The blade itself is top notch quality, super stiff and fits great in the shaft, feel is good and is on the pingy side which I like. There is something about shooting with this curve that I just can't get used to. I took some pics next to a well used Datsyuk 11K that I hope will show some of the slight differences. It appears that the Harrow has a bit more loft especially at the toe, that there is a little bit more of a toe curve to it, and the blade is certainly longer than my Datsyuk 11k, and there is a slight lie difference.

Again this is not a knock against Harrow... just something about the shape of this particular pattern and my shot mechanics do not work. So if anyone is interested in a harrow #4 blade with only 5 warmups worth of use, let me know lol.

IMG_20120707_154015.jpg

IMG_20120707_154047.jpg

IMG_20120707_154100.jpg

IMG_20120707_154241.jpg

IMG_20120707_153842.jpg

IMG_20120707_154006.jpg

IMG_20120707_154410.jpg

IMG_20120707_153909.jpg

I've actually contacted Harrow in Denver to ask them about their Datsyuk clone... I've used the P38 Datsyuk and love it... every spec sheet I see about it shows that it is a 1/2 Mid-Heel curve where-as the Harrow claims more of a Toe curve for the Datsyuk.

If i'm looking at the specs for each of the Harrow curves only, the Harrow pattern 8 is the closest to what Reebok claims for the Datsyuk.

After explaining this to the representative at Harrow, he is sending me two samples, a pattern 4 and a pattern 8 to see what I like better and they are even including a free return shipping label for what I don't like! AMAZING customer service thus far!

Anyway, if I happen to like the pattern 4 from Harrow, what are you looking to get for your used blade?

Also, I will post back with what I find out between the two curves and let you know.

I've actually contacted Harrow in Denver to ask them about their Datsyuk clone... I've used the P38 Datsyuk and love it... every spec sheet I see about it shows that it is a 1/2 Mid-Heel curve where-as the Harrow claims more of a Toe curve for the Datsyuk.

If i'm looking at the specs for each of the Harrow curves only, the Harrow pattern 8 is the closest to what Reebok claims for the Datsyuk.

After explaining this to the representative at Harrow, he is sending me two samples, a pattern 4 and a pattern 8 to see what I like better and they are even including a free return shipping label for what I don't like! AMAZING customer service thus far!

Anyway, if I happen to like the pattern 4 from Harrow, what are you looking to get for your used blade?

Also, I will post back with what I find out between the two curves and let you know.

Nsheffer did you ever compare the 4 and 8? curious what you thought of the 8, and any pics you may have of it.