Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qmechanic

Marking hot spot on skate boot

I have a hot spot in my Easton Mako skate where my ankle bone sticks out on the inside of the boot.  I tried to mark the spot with both lipstick and chalk, by applying the lipstick/chalk to my ankle bone and then putting on the boot.  The mark was very hard to see.  I did the best I could and pushed out the area I thought I had marked, but when I went to skate, it was the wrong spot.  The hot spot was actually an inch away.

Is there a better method to mark the hot spot?  The boot liner didn't really pick up the lipstick or chalk dust.  Maybe I should do it after I've been skating, when my foot has settled into the boot?  Maybe it's easier to mark the spot from the outside than the inside?

Thanks for your help.

You need a good lipstick, cheap stuff doesn't transfer well. The ankle bone should be easy to mark, I've done dozens without any issues.

20 hours ago, qmechanic said:

Maybe it's easier to mark the spot from the outside than the inside?

Thanks for your help.

It's much easier for a shop if you mark the outside. Generally I have people put a piece of tape on the outside of the boot and it works well.