Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Yet, another Radius topic

Ugh, do you live in MI?

I have had two parents ask me to check out their kid's skating...because they "need" to get their skates profiled. One kid was slipping out on strides and turns (needs a deeper hollow, he's a 65lb peewee skating on 1/2") and the other kid was a mite who just couldn't skate all that well...but hey, little Johnny MUST have his skates profiled, it'll slow down his fast track to the Show...

It always amazes me how much parents will pay for camps or fancy gear or a special radius, but never pay a dime for one-on-one skating lessons!

Before you have lessons, you must have proper equipment. Skate hollow and radius are the most important. It reminds me of a top NHL draft pick for the Canadians years ago, he was a goalie. Seems the equipment manager didn't want to cut the kids skates the way the kid liked them. He never made it in the NHL because of that. Can't remember his name. I'll have to do some searching unless someone has it on the top of their head.

The movie benefits the skaters, most don't have a clue that they even have choices. They just give the skates to the guy and he takes them and does what he wants. But I have to say, a lot of sharpeners are clueless as well. JR is always talking about some guy in his area who gives everyone the same radius.

There's a guy here who does 9/16 for forwards and 7/16 for defenseman, regardless of age. size, ability, etc...

There's a guy here who does 9/16 for forwards and 7/16 for defenseman, regardless of age. size, ability, etc...

Got that beat, there's a rink near me that has an old figure skate machine, they do all skates on it, golalie, figure, hockey, without ever changing a setting or hieght of holder.