Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Bauer 6000

Reviewed: Bauer 6000, Senior Small, Black.

I used a pair of Bauer 300's when i started out playing last year, and I have to say, it was a terrible pant. The padding was moving around, and it offered next to no butt protection. Thus, I decided after trying on various pants, the 6000 was for me.

Fit:

These pants fit my quite nicely, as they aren't overly loose like the Nike Quest's, and not semi-tight like the Tackla's. They are very mobile pants, and the bottom material is stretchy to allow for greater range of movement. The legs aren't too long, so buyer beware. 10/10

Protection:

So much better than the basic 300's. Everything about it is great, spine protection, tailbone protection is superb and hip protection is fairly beefy. I've been dumped, and taken a few hits and pucks and haven't felt anything. 8/10

Weight:

These are light pants that offer good protection. Don't expect heavy protection from a light pant. I was compring the 4000's, RBK 6k and these, and opted to go with these as I felt they were the best balance of them all. 8/10

Intangibles:

The one thing I wish these pants had are zippers. Otherwise, the material is fairly durable, stretchy, and comes with Dri-Fit and Nike-Air for the spine. For the money, it's a great pant, and I recommend it for someone looking for a huge upgrade from basic pants.

Final Rating: 8.5/10