Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jsmart

Chicago

total hockey in schaumberg....by far the biggest store.....gunzo's, the old blackhawks supplier, small, not alot of anything.....jerry's in alsip...small.......orland park ice area has a decent shop........

Both Total Hockey Locations have solid selections. Every Jerry's in the area is a hit or miss. Gunzo's downtown usually has a solid selection but might be limited during this time. Outside of that like stated above the Arctic Ice Arena in Orland Park (my old rink) has a very good selection. The Darien Sportsplex has a small Gunzo's in it and so does the International Ice Centre in Schaumburg. Can't really think too much outside of there, im very familiar with the Southwest Subrubs of Chicago if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I haven't been to it, but Gunzo's built a large® store in Morton Grove. The river forest one was cramped but okay. The TH in Downers grove is pretty nice (haven't been there in over a year and half) I was always disappointed in their glove selection though.

I was always disappointed in their glove selection though.

good point...if you making a trip there for a specific item...call first......both total hockey's in chicago have no stock of skates, socks, and other items right now

I haven't been to it, but Gunzo's built a large® store in Morton Grove. The river forest one was cramped but okay. The TH in Downers grove is pretty nice (haven't been there in over a year and half) I was always disappointed in their glove selection though.

Unless you are looking for warrior gloves you should always call that Total Hockey in Downers. Plus they never carry E widths for any skate they have in stock for some reason, never understood that. Their glove wall is warrior dominated with little selection from every company. I havn't been to that store in about 7 months now because i've been out of state playing juniors but, once new stuff ships out they will be stocked with everything just like always.

Well I'm here and I'm going to check out the Schaumburg TH today...I'll report back on what I find. I'm staying downtown so it's going to be an expensive trip out but should make for a fun afternoon.

Thanks for all the input!

by the way I'm looking for a few sticks, tape, gonna look at some jerseys and socks, and want a new helmet but think I'm going to wait for the S19...waiting to see what JR says about it first

How is the Gunzo store in morton grove? Is it worth the trip or should I just stick to going to TH?

The Gunzos in Morton Grove is pretty big and they have a good selection. It is not as big as the TH in Downers Grove though. The staff at Gunzos however is much better than the staff at Total Hockey. I used to shop exclusively at TH until I had a couple bad experiences. Now I only shop at Gunzos.

What are you shopping for? Right now all sticks are 20% and that sale ends today. Tomorrow a new sale starts up with 20% off all protective gear.

The Gunzos in Morton Grove is pretty big and they have a good selection. It is not as big as the TH in Downers Grove though. The staff at Gunzos however is much better than the staff at Total Hockey. I used to shop exclusively at TH until I had a couple bad experiences. Now I only shop at Gunzos.

What are you shopping for? Right now all sticks are 20% and that sale ends today. Tomorrow a new sale starts up with 20% off all protective gear.

Was looking into getting a girdle, guess i'll stop by there soon.

thanks

Was looking into getting a girdle, guess i'll stop by there soon.

thanks

No problem. You may want to call ahead on a girdle no matter where you are going as the selection on them always seems slim at LHS's for them.