Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strosedefence34

Fit difference between older supremes and newer supremes

Title pretty much says it all. What is the major fit differences between the newer supreme line and the older supreme line?

Right now I am skating in some Supreme one 70s (8D) and the fit is great. However my old skates which are my pond hockey skates are giving me nasty lace bite and I just can't skate on them anymore. I was looking into either getting a lower end supreme skate for pond hockey or I found an older pair of supreme 3000 (8D) online for a really good price however I cannot try them on.

Having worn older Supremes and tried on skates in the OneX0 line, I don't think there's a significant difference at all.

The comment below made me realize I should add - for me, and at the time I tried them on. Everything varies - I've experienced a change in my feet over the past couple years as a result of wearing shoes without a heel-to-toe drop pretty much all the time, and whenever possible, "barefoot" style shoes with truly minimal soles. It hasn't been a huge change, but it was just enough to make Vapor boots a nice snug fit for me whereas before they were just too tight at the widest point of my feet. So mileage will always vary, BUT I personally didn't find the last on the boot to be any different.

So i bought these Bauer Supreme Custom 3000 off of ebay for $25 shipped just for pond hockey and outdoor rinks. The fit is some what the same. They are a little shallower then the one 70s and I would say a little shorter. I probably could have bought an 8.5D. Here is the long shot question can they be baked? I know baking started becoming a thing in the early 2000s. Im not sure of the age of the skates however my guess would be the 90s, but I figured I could be wrong as well.

d8ef699e-98a4-4e45-9f77-71b5efb6c1b8_zps

b76537b4-4850-419d-9e3f-86101d320648_zps

I had a pair of those. From what I remember they were not designed to be bake-able (but for $25 shipped you may be able to take the risk). Your $ after all

The only way to break them in was to wear them back then.