Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbuote

Worn Down Ankle Padding

Hey, I have a pair of Bauer skates, and just recently the ankle support/padding on the inside of my right skate has almost completely worn out, leaving a very uncomfortable piece of the skate digging into my ankle and causing chafing. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? I tried putting another small piece of padding over it but it hasn't helped any. Maybe I should get them molded again, with the new padding in there?

A good hockey repair shop should be able to re-build the padding inside the skate. They'll remove the liner, fix any structural problems, add a bit of new stiffener (if necessary), add new padding and then apply some new liner.

Depending on the cost of your skate and the degree to which it is otherwise broken down, this might be not cost efficient. It might be best to purchase a new pair.

I would try two things. First purchase a pair of ankle pads from Bunga pads and see if they help without molding them again. If it doesn't I'd mold the skates again while wearing the Bunga pads.