Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slooz

New Skates --> New Lie?

I recently switched from Supreme One.6 to Vapor x6.0 skates. I've only skated with a stick/puck four times with the new skates but it seems like I'm handling the puck a lot more off my toe and that I have to position my hands farther up the stick than usual to get the blade down on the ice. I use lie 5 sticks that are cut where my two lips meet. I don't really have problems flexing the skate, but that's just my perception. Any advice? Should I wait until my skates are broken in before I contemplate extensions or, god forbid, new sticks?

If the holders are the same my guess would be the new steel is the difference. If it is the steel then you either have to adjust to it or get a plug for the stick.

You could compare the new steel to the old to see how much taller it is. Could put on old skates and see where stick hits you then put on new ones and check again to see how much you want to add to stick.

I can't imagine needing a new stick over it, a plug should be sufficient.

They skates won't really "break in" - you're probably skating on a different profile/pitch (I recall the Vapors being forward pitched) and your form and stance is compensating. I'd say go for the plug - at least those are removable as soon as you start getting used to the skates and you find that you'd prefer the old length.