Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bisons06

Bauer Stick Warranty Questions

I bought a Bauer Nexus 1000 just over a month ago and had been really happy with it. It broke Sunday night on day 30 of the warranty period. The LHS I usually go to does the returns in store so I figured that I would just bring it in the next day and get the warranty stick (Note that I bought the stick at a different LHS because the one I usually go to didn't have the right flex/curve). So I went to the shop I bought the stick from on day 31 and they said that I would have to send the stick into bauer to get the warranty replacement. I emailed Bauer yesterday and haven't got a response yet. I have a few questions:

1) What is the average time frame to get an email back from Bauer with the authorization number? Should I be worried yet about not getting a response?

2) Will Bauer honor the 30 warranty even though i contacted them on day 31?

1) it's only been a day. worry after a week.
2) They're usually good about it if you're polite, however they have no obligation to so be prepared for that.

Thanks for the response. Bauer did email back giving an authorization number. The guy at the store told me that when I ship it, I should cut the stick into some smaller pieces before I ship it. Is this correct?

It's fine - they aren't going to SRS repair your broken blade so they don't care if the stick comes in two pieces. They just want enough of it to make sure you haven't done something like converted the shaft into a one piece. Go ahead and chop it in half - your shipping savings will be chopped in half too