Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chapel

Looking for a B/C-level team North of Boston MA

sick of playing random pickup games. I'm a solid C and a decent B level player (and getting better every game)

I work better in a cohesive, communicating team and particularly better when I have people I WANT to play with and work for.

I'm based out of Salem MA

I play D

I'm thirty-flurf... 6'3" 225lbs and I've been playing forever.

I'm a Plus/Minus fiend... I work my ass off to avoid allowing scoring chances against me and work hard to move the puck up for scoring chances. I don't care if I get the goal, I just like helping the play happen.

I've also worked as a coach, power skating trainer and defense and goalie camp coach as well so I bring a lot of experience there too.

Where have you looked? New England Senior Hockey League has several divisions in their North of Boston Division. Hockey New England has a B/C Monday night league running out of Hockey Town in Saugus. Hockey Town has a good over 30 league on Wednesdays, but you would have to find a team looking for players. If Iceman sees this post he may be able to add to the suggestions.

Where have you looked? New England Senior Hockey League has several divisions in their North of Boston Division. Hockey New England has a B/C Monday night league running out of Hockey Town in Saugus. Hockey Town has a good over 30 league on Wednesdays, but you would have to find a team looking for players. If Iceman sees this post he may be able to add to the suggestions.

Yeah, I missed out on that one. Iceman reached out to me before the current season started, but I just got hit with an $1100 bill for flood insurance and electrical work... so I didn't have the money

Full disclosure, Hockey Town isn't the nicest facility.

I'm fully aware. Been playing hockey in this area for 25+ years.

It wasn't even that nice in the 80s (except when they had 4 player demolition derby in the arcade)

I was able to get into this league in Lynn.

https://secure.stinkysocks.net/leagues/leaguesbyloc/LYN/LEA-2014FEWLYNINT.html

$20 up front and $85 3x for 13 games near my house is a pretty good deal. Plus, I've got some rink rust, so a C level is probably better for me right now.

Full disclosure, Hockey Town isn't the nicest facility.

What are you talking about...It's just a historical landmark retaining everything original :ph34r:

So glad my leagues never played in that rink. But at this point, I'll take anything close to home.

I'm surprised I haven't found any leagues in Peabody, Pingree, Salem State or Kasabuski...

Few leagues out of Peabody due to the youth and high school programs, and the Monday night league is hard to get into. NESHL runs games out of Kasabuski in the winter. Both McVann and Kasabuskli have great ice.

My friend plays in Peabody on Wednesdays (the only night I can't play).

Who runs the Monday night league?

I'll keep an eye on NESHL for the winter.

Not sure if I've ever seen Salem State do pickup or leagues. Same with Pingree.

I've worked both as a referee and rarely did I ever see really early pickups or late light pickups.

Kasabuski has great ice, mainly because it is absolutely freezing in there.

nothing like a 6am practice at Kasabuski to freeze your lungs

Kasabuski has great ice, mainly because it is absolutely freezing in there.

I like the new heaters they hung in the locker rooms last year. Certainly capable of warming up a broom closet, maybe.

I was able to get into this league in Lynn.

https://secure.stinkysocks.net/leagues/leaguesbyloc/LYN/LEA-2014FEWLYNINT.html

$20 up front and $85 3x for 13 games near my house is a pretty good deal. Plus, I've got some rink rust, so a C level is probably better for me right now.

hopefully next game gets populated better. We had 2 goalies, but one bounced before the game started... everyone was pissed.

I know they were giving skate spots away for like $10 (less than I'm paying as a full member...)

If you guys want to join in, probably best to do single game fill ins..

I'm kinda pissed.

I'm on IR right now and am already on 3 teams and a night or two of pickup. You're not that far from Andover you if you want to look into something there from that same outfit.