Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

True XCore - stevelknievel

First off, huge thanks to modsquad, true, and Jr for letting me review this!

The info:

Tc4 pattern 105 flex

Previous sticks used, dt1lt, ribcore, a4.5, qr1, T100.

First impressions: I've had a a4.5 already and loved the look of it, but I think the xcore looks even better.

d573ad73434d4830b79d5dbd9916d989.jpg

It's very light (sorry don't own a scale) but it's lighter than my dt1lt and area 51 I've been alternating between. And the balance, to me feels perfect.

Flex is rated at 105 but feels very similar to my 100 flex sticks maybe even a little softer.

For those wondering the Tc4 is near identical to the e28 (true is on the left in this pic)

c00f1cd75bdae11e4d4c5c09dca456df.jpg

I was able to use this for my game on friday. You can definitely feel the insert in the blade when stick handling or catching a pass. It kind of has a dead feel to it but you can always tell where the puck is on the blade. My shots didn't seem any harder but I felt like my aim was much improved and the release was quick. Hard to gauge durability from a single game but it certainly feels very solid and I expect it to take anything I can throw at it.

Quick update after my Friday game and Sunday practice, stick certainly seems to help me pick up hard passes. It took a few good whacks but has held up well just a few little nicks here and there. I took a few slapshots with it and I've had issues with other sticks torquing on me. I had zero issues with that.

Long overdue update. 3 games and a practice later the stick is still holding up like a champ. I picked up a 5052 tacks as a back up to this and I've tried to use it to get familiar with the curve but I keep going back to the bench for my xcore. The balance and feel of this thing is amazing.

I've been using this consistently all season and for any other ice time I get out for. I've put it through its paces the best I can and it's never dissapointed me. I spent a good 45 minutes at a sticks and pucks practicing some heavy slapshots and everytime I was impressed with the kick and lack of torquing.

Long overdue update. I've been using it everytime I've been playing since my last post and stick has still been holding up strong. Hasn't lost any pop or felt like the flex has gotten softer. It's taken a bit of a beating lately during games but doesn't look any worse for the wear other than a small spot on the hosel that looks a little deep but don't notice any lack of performance.